The Internal Auditor supports programme management by evaluating adequacy and effectiveness of the governance, risk management and control systems. S/he will carry out audits, reviews and investigations to deliver opinions on the effectiveness of the controls and risk framework operating across Save the Children International to the various stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Professional qualification as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Extensive experience in relevant operational areas (e.g. in programme/project management in an INGO context) and be willing to learn the appropriate audit skills
- Be highly accurate, detail-orientated, and able to complete multiple projects, with conflicting priorities, on a timely basis
- Excellent written communication (report writing) skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and relationship building
- Strong results-orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind sets
- Willingness to undertake high amount of travel within the South Sudan SCI field locations (30%) and work with minimum supervision under difficult conditions in some of the most underdeveloped, insecure and remote parts of South Sudan.
- Strong cultural awareness and be able to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Demonstrate high standards of ethics and integrity
- Experience of risk-based auditing
- Track record of leading a small team for specific short-term audit or other work assignments and delivering high quality timely results
- Experience of evaluating systems and processes, identifying weaknesses and areas of improvements
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- INGO experience or have worked in a commercial/public sector international organisation
- Familiarity with grant requirements of major donors such as USAID, EC/ECHO, DfID and the UN
- Good financial analysis aptitude
- Experience of Agresso financial software
- Experience of IT audit
- Counter fraud experience
- Ability to look at the bigger picture when assessing organisational performance and risk
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Contract length: 1 Year
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents