Infrastructure Program Manager
South Sudan Jobs
FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions.
FHI 360 is seeking a qualified Infrastructure Program manager for an anticipated three-year USAID funded project that will provide flexible and responsive education services for conflict affected children and youth in South Sudan. South Sudan is currently an unaccompanied post.
FHI360 provides an extremely competitive salary and exceptional benefits and protections to its employees.
The Infrastructure Program manager will be based in Juba, South Sudan and responsible for overseeing multiple construction, rehabilitation, and modification services totaling $10,000,000.
The construction services will be conducted at USAID’s direction and may include but are not limited to construction of temporary learning spaces, construction of water and sanitation facilities, refurbishment of existing learning spaces, and improving existing spaces to meet the physical “safe school” standard.
The Infrastructure Program manager will develop a construction implementation plan (CIP) within 15 days of award, oversee and monitor construction and architecture/ engineering subcontractors in accordance with an approved Initial Environmental Examination, and support quarterly and annual reporting.
The Infrastructure Program manager will also coordinate with other donor-funded construction projects and local stakeholders.
- A bachelor degree or higher in civil engineering
- A licensed Professional Engineer in the United States
- Strong management skills in a complex operating environment. Demonstrated ability to pivot as needed based on operating environment
- Ability to document, monitor, and be accountable for construction operations to improve temporary learning spaces and WASH facilities for young children and youth
- Ability to work with a technical team to guide and ensure highest quality learning structures and WASH facilities remain
- Ability to contribute to a community-based maintenance plan for buildings and facilities once rehabilitation and construction is completed
- At least 10 years’ experience in small scale infrastructure development
- At least 5 years’ experience in low-cost, context-appropriate infrastructure design and management of the related procurements
- Must have working knowledge of construction practices in East Africa; familiar with local and regional building materials
- Previous experience in South Sudan or other complex environments
- Previous experience working on USAID or US Government funded projects and experience following conditions from an Initial Environmental Examination
- Experience developing and overseeing construction implementation plans
- Experience overseeing subcontractors for construction, rehabilitation, modification of buildings and learning spaces for students with special needs, procurement of building materials, etc.)
- Experience leading or working as part of a consortium
- Willingness to travel throughout South Sudan
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with local stakeholders and coordinate with other donor-funded projects
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work calmly, tactfully and effectively under tight deadlines and within agreed upon parameters with minimal supervision
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to resolve budget, activity implementation, and administrative issues with contractors and team members
- Previous experience constructing or rehabilitating schools or temporary learning structures and familiarity with SPHERE Standards and INEE guidance note on school construction strongly preferred
How to apply
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.