Infrastructure program manager | South Sudan | 2020
South Sudan Jobs
Chemonics seeks an infrastructure program manager for the anticipated USAID/South Sudan Education for Peace, Recovery, and Resilience (EPRR) program. This potential three-year program will expand access to learning opportunities in a safe, protective learning environment while reinforcing resilience efforts and recovery trends for youth most affected by conflict. EPRR’s goals will be to (1) increase access to equitable learning opportunities for boys and girls, (2) improve learning outcomes through enhanced literacy and numeracy instruction, (3) enhance recovery and resilience through psychosocial support and peacebuilding activities, and (4) increase the capacity of communities to support education and increase ownership to maintain education facilities. The position will be based in Juba. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide guidance and input to the chief of party
- Design and manage all construction-related aspects of EPRR
- Supervise all construction-related procurement and personnel
- Develop and roll out a construction implementation plan for EPRR
- Lead the construction subcontractor solicitation, assessment, and award process
- Oversee all construction subcontractors, including in the design and building of schools; provide quality assurance; and ensure adherence to workplace safety best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in small-scale infrastructure development
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in low-cost, context-appropriate infrastructure design and management for related procurements
- Professional engineer’s license in the United States
- Professional experience in infrastructure development in countries with similar contexts required; recent experience in and strong working knowledge of South Sudan preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded infrastructure projects preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter here by June 15, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.