Health Program manager
Health Program Manager National Contract:
The Health Project Manager is responsible for quality programming, reporting, budgeting, planning, implementation and management. The role holder provides overall technical oversight for the Health program in Abyei, Twic and Tonj which include supervision, monitoring & evaluation, finance and human resources, and ensuring donor compliance, Ensure effective involvement of relevant staff and other stakeholders in the planning process as appropriate. Provide management and technical support to health staff of Save the Children and partners at County level as appropriate. Ensure implementation of the agreed plan for the HPF project in compliance with Save the Children strategies and priorities. Ensure effective utilization of agreed M&E tools for monitoring quality and timely programme implementation and accountability. Take lead in coaching, technical advice and other capacity building methodologies or inputs for the national staff and county health department staffs that are implementing the program
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified health professional; MD, Nurse and Clinical officer (MPH preference) with at least five years of relevant health experience preferably in INGOs
- At least two years of work experience after graduation. Registration with the medical board/council of the country of origin is a must and must be knowledgeable with obstretrical and medical emergemcies to early identify and refer them
- Excellent management and personnel skills to enable the motivation, encouragement and participation of other health team members.
- Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with national health personnel in Southern Sudan
- Ability to assess evolving health needs quickly and calmly work under pressure as required
- Excellent communication skills, with good spoken and written English and experience in report writing
- Carry out any other responsibility as may be requested by his or her immediate supervisor.**Desirable**
- Previous experience within a humanitarian aid organisation is a plus
- Previous experience working within the region of Southern Sudan
- Excellent computer skills to allow reporting and representation
- Knowledge of locally spoken languages will be an added advantage
- Ability to remain calm and to be diplomatic, both with the local health authorities and with the community as well as fellow staff
- Good organisational skills, report writing and supervision of other staff
Contract Duration: 5 Months
Location: South Sudan, Juba Office with regular field Travel.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://southsudan.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4yMDkzMi4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20