Head of Project Management Office (PMO)
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary of key responsibilities:
- Development and planning
- Set-up and closure
- Monitoring and reporting
- Stakeholder engagement
- Quality assurance
- Knowledge management and innovation
- Personnel management
You may find more information at https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=20909
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Business Administration, International Relations or related is required, OR,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Business Administration, International Relations, or related discipline with additional 2 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a PhD or Master’s degree.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification is highly desirable.
- MSP certification (Foundation and/or Practitioner) is an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of Project Management is required;
- Previous experience of working within a PMO environment is an advantage;
- Detailed knowledge of UNOPS’ project management tools, UNOPS financial and procurement rules and regulations, and financial management tools, is an asset;
- Strong experience with data analysis, management reporting and project management tools and information management systems is an asset.
- Posted by: Main Office
- Company: United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Juba - South Sudan
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Program/Project Management
- Tags: No Tags
315 total views, 3 today