Key Accountability 1: Programme Development
- Provide strategic direction to programme to ensure it works towards reducing poverty in a sustainable manner and responds to emergencies effectively.
- Take a lead role in the annual strategic planning process.
- Design programmes and projects based on the country Strategic Plan and emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Proactively identify opportunities to build key stakeholders’ relationships and take the initiative to follow up with necessary action.
Key Accountability 2: Implementation and Quality of the Programme
- Make key decisions in relation to the programme implementation, and offer solutions to problems that arise during the implementation of programmes
- Working with MEAL coordinator, develop, implement, and embed, a knowledge management system, that will ensure the sharing of knowledge across the programme, other country programmes, and the broader IR partnership.
- Ensure the programme meets Islamic Relief Worldwide Quality Standards and international Codes of conduct
- Ensure the programmes are implemented and evaluated in a consultative and participative manner through regular field visits
- Experience of working with various international NGOs in developing countries.
- An in depth understanding of national and international development issues in relation to community development.
- Experience of developing proposal for a variety of donors
- Experience of successfully fundraising and dealing with EC, ECHO, UN, and DFID
- Experience of developing links with INGOs, Government agencies, Institutional donors, and other stakeholders
- Experience of and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the learning and development of all staff.
- Familiarity with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), sphere standards, Do no harm policy, Red Cross/ Red Crescent Code of Conduct, CHS, Humanitarian Accountability Programme etc.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, sensitivity to other peoples’ views and perspectives, and conflict resolution.
- Strategic leadership skills
- Good organisational skills and a practical knowledge of support service management
- The capacity to develop and maintain an understanding of and be sympathetic to the social, cultural, and political context of the post
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels (national, provincial, and local).
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge/familiarity/expertise in programme areas: e.g., Emergency Response, community Development, Microfinance, etc.
- An ability to work under pressure with limited support
- Knowledge/familiarity with country/region
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Commitment to Islamic Relief Worldwide values and Code of Conduct.
- University degree or its equivalent in management, social sciences, international development, public administration, or a related field
- Relevant experience in project management
Deadline: Febraury 12, 2021