Head of Program Implementation (HPI)
The Head of Programme Implementation will provide implementation and management oversight of Save the Children’s programme in multiple States (zone 1) in South Sudan. The post holder will ensure effective management of programs, resources, staff and support functions in the field sites and will firmly institute finance, human resources and operations systems. Directly line management of Zonal Program Managers, the Head of program Implementation will provide oversight in implementing programs according to prevailing needs, identify new opportunities for programming, and will ensure field level participation in programme and proposal design. They will also support the capacity development of staff in the field bases. The Head of Implementation will ensure the strengthening of the field level operational platform by ensuring that proper risk mitigation measures and internal controls are put in place. S/he will be an effective representative of Save the Children to local authorities, communities, INGOs and NGOS, and other stakeholders.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Hold a relevant degree in Development management, Humanitarian studies or any relevant Social Sciences and at least 5 years/substantial experience working in Field/ program management with a humanitarian/ development organisation
- Skills and experience in project/programme implementation, monitoring, review and evaluation including budget holding responsibilities
- Substantial people and programme management experience with good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Substantial experience in field office management with a good understanding of logistics, HR and finance procedures
- Solid experience in grant management, including budget holding and donor reporting
- Substantial understanding or proven experience of security management issues
- Representational, political awareness and advocacy skills
- Experience of working with partners and a participatory approach
- Able to work to tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Fluency in written and spoken English and computer literate
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Contract duration: 1year
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents