South Sudan Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP),
The Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) provides USAID/South Sudan with flexible, demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement. The project includes monitoring and evaluation technical support to the Mission for performance management at all levels as well as support to assessments, analytical research, and related services required for new project designs, sector strategies, and broader strategic revisions.
**Please note: Only South Sudanese citizens are eligible for this position.**
The Head Driver will be responsible for providing effective transport to and from the project headquarters in Juba, as well as different work sites for the staff. The Head Driver will support project implementation through effective communication and demonstrate a high quality of commitment and integrity. Based in Juba, the Head Driver will oversee driver operations, vehicle maintenance, and report travel logs to the administrative assistant.
- Plan, prepare and coordinate a duty roster for all drivers on a weekly basis
- Coordinate the timings of official MSI travel for staff
- Ensure that MSI vehicles are in good working condition
- Assist the logistics manager by helping to procure spare parts for MSI vehicles
- Ensure that vehicle licenses and insurance dates remain valid
- Ensure that vehicle sign-in sheets are logged-in daily
- Drive 4WD vehicles on all terrains
- Ability to go on mission trips with overnight stays and work extended hours as required
- Deliver documents and other items to assigned destinations
- Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities in the absence of the Logistics Manager as required
- Perform minor repairs as required and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean
- Perform other duties as required by the project
- Secondary School Certificate is preferred
- Minimum of three years of relevant work experience
- Driver’s license and experience of driving manual gearbox vehicle are required
- Must have strong inter-personal skills in addition to the ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively with professionals
- Knowledge of Juba road maps, including Juba city and the locations of all government offices, other clients, NGOs, and public facilities, etc., preferred
- Written and oral fluency in English required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.