Grants Management Specialist
South Sudan Jobs southsudanjobs.com
The Grants Management Specialist is responsible for leading and managing all proposal development efforts for the South Sudan office, including with existing and new programmatic initiatives. This involves leading the process of developing narratives, budgets, and relevant attachments and coordinating inputs from all other staff relevant to the initiative at the field and home office level. The Grants Management Specialist also maintains working relationships with donor institutions at the Juba level.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
• Lead the development of all new and amended public funding proposals originating from the South Sudan country-office including narratives, budgets, and relevant attachments.
• Coordinate among relevant program, finance, and operations staff for inputs on proposal materials.
• Represent WRSS with donors at the Juba level including but not limited to USAID/OFDA and UN agencies.
• Advise the Country Director and other senior management on strategy for program development and Go/No-Go decisions for specific funding opportunities.
• Collaborate with the Program Officer and other support staff at the Home Office to develop USAID/ OFDA proposals and other proposals being led at the home office.
• Serve as the point person for WRSS in any consortium development proposals in which WRSS is a sub-recipient.
• Work with the Program Officer at the Home Office to respond to support the development of private fundraising (foundations, major donors, and churches) materials and asks.
• Support the WRSS programs staff in monitoring and donor compliance for large awards as defined by the Country Director.
• Work with other Program and M&E Staff to finalize all reports before submission to the Country Director or external audiences.
• Build the capacity of other staff in key competency areas related to program development.
• Any other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Experience in developing and/or managing grants from public funding (USG, UN, EU, etc.)
• Ability to understand, develop, and advise on budgets.
• Conflict resolution and negotiation skills; interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity and experience
• Technical experience in one of the WRSS’s technical intervention areas (health, nutrition, WASH, FSL, education in emergencies) is a plus
• Christian faith and adherence to World Relief’s Mission, Vision and Values
• Ability to maintain performance expectations in a hardship location
• Mature and personal Christian faith
• Committed to the mission, vision, and values of World Relief
• Desire to serve and empower the Church to impact vulnerable communities
• Bachelor’s degree in a humanitarian field required, health or nutrition area desired, Master’s degree preferred
• 2-3 years’ experience in humanitarian response, at least one year in a management role is a plus
• Demonstrated experience managing people whether directly or through the influence
• Excellent, professional English writing skills are essential for this position. Applications that do not demonstrate skills at this level will be disqualified.
• Excellent oral English communication skills; Arabic language skills a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations
• The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15 pounds.
• Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information.
• The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
• General office setting.
• Great lengths of time working on the computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or in skype meetings may be required.
• Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending.
• Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
• Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier.
• All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.
How to apply
Apply at www.worldrelief.org or directly at this link:
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.