Food for Peace – Project Manager
South Sudan Jobs southsudanjobs.com
NRC as a lead of CARB consortium is in a process of receiving BHA (USAID) Food for Peace Grant. The project is mainly to improve food security of at risk populations and NRC is intending to achieve the objectives through multi sector approach including Livelihoods and food security, Information counselling and legal assistance and protection in Western Bahr el Ghazal and Unity States of South Sudan.
The project manager is responsible to manage the portfolio in both locations and all sectors. The project manager needs to be experienced in managing a big scale multi sector and multi-location projects with strong remote management skills.
- Administer the development and successful implementation of work plans and oversee the creation of reports and other deliverables to FFP in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure NRC Project Life Cycle is fully adhered in the project implementation and design
Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders, sensitizing them about the project and updating on implementation of activities.
- Contribute to creating an enabling environment for the implementation of the different components of the project working and coordinating with other functions of NRC including support teams.
- Supervise the monitoring and evaluation processes such as PDMs, Complaints and Feedback Mechanism and price monitoring.
- Ensure that efficient systems are in place to support all aspects of project activity, including financial and grant management, project monitoring and evaluation in compliance with FFP regulations.
- Submit regular progress reports as to Area Manager, WFP, Core Competency Specialists and Program Development Unit as required.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures and awareness of NRC global and regional strategies
- Coordinate closely and ensure operational linkages and representation with WFP, FAO and others relevant UN Agencies, Clusters and relevant working groups and NGO partners including Partnership for Resilience and Recovery (PfRR)
- Ensure all team members are aware of the do’s and don’ts throughout the project cycle e.g. Respect cultural norms, Do no harm, Confidentiality, Impartiality, Gender sensitivity, Zero tolerance to Sexual harassment and exploitation
- Adhere to NRC program and other SoPs in particular ensure project team implements safe programming ensuring the project is gender and protection sensitive
Generic Professional Competencies
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context with noticeable experience in Food for Peace or relevant interventions
- Relevant degree or high tertiary qualification in any development discipline (e.g Agriculture, Food Security, Social Studies, Economics and Development Studies)
- Documented experience of managing USAID grants
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Strong Technical Expertise Livelihoods and Food Security with commendable protection and/or ICLA exposure
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
Context/ Specific Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of the context in South Sudan and specifically to Greater Bahr el Ghazal and Unity
- Experience with start-up of projects
- Experience of managing multi million project
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, meet deadlines and multitask activities
- Ability to work with diplomacy, tact and sensitivity and experience in working within cultural contexts that requiring cultural sensitivity
- Well-developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations and ability to work under pressure and in response to changing needs
- High level of self-awareness and a team player
We Can Offer
- Contract period: 24 months, subject to availability of funds.
- Fee: From NOK 45,000. Attractive allowances apply.
- Duty station: Mankien Unity State and Wau Western Bahr el Ghazal.
- Travel: up to 20%.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates can apply by clicking on the link below
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.
- Posted by: Main Office
- Company: Norwegian Refugee Council ( NRC)
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Western Bahr el Ghazal and Unity States of South Sudan - South Sudan
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Program/Project Management
- Tags: No Tags
397 total views, 1 today