Fleet Management Specialist
South Sudan Jobs southsudanJobs.com
Overview of position
The Fleet Management Specialist provides professional administrative support to the day-to-day operations of the Logistics Services (LS) Division, relieving senior personnel of many administrative tasks.
The Fleet Management Specialist will be responsible for managing the delivery of his/her outputs in a timely manner. Specifically, he/she is responsible for:
· Be responsible to plan, organize, and oversee the implementation of an efficient fleet maintenance system including resource planning, staffing needs, policies and regulations, work plans, milestones, guidelines;
· Assist to Fleet Maintenance Unit in the assessment of maintenance demands, preparation of maintenance plans and servicing schedules;
· Develop and maintain a master schedule of vehicle fuel usage;
· Provide a technical assistance in installation and maintenance of fleet mechanical equipment, motors and other machines and apparatus;
· Develop fleet policies and procedures to maintain and monitor all safety standards in conformance with regulations;
· Advise Fleet Management Unit on vehicle matters, including but not limited to the impact of licensing, inspections, registrations and insurance;
· Develop an effective reporting system to assure that services are provided properly and in timely fashion;
· Develop management of spare and repair parts;
· Coordinate with Procurement and Asset Management Unit;
· Submit evaluation and progress report of a subsequent against annual work plan;
· Create and maintain a database for accident record keeping and monitoring of contracted vehicles;
· Provide trainings on fleet maintenance and management;
· Ensure that all officers adhere to policy and procedures for vehicles;
· Maintain a central record of use of all vehicular units, including running cost;
· Compile and prepare detailed and complex transportation reports and records;
· Perform other duties as required.
• Knowledge Management and Learning;
• Ability to develop systems for structuring, codifying and providing access to information and knowledge;
• Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse team in a complex and a highly demanding environment.
• Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity;
• The successful candidate must demonstrate considerable mentoring skills and an ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting.
• Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in engineering, technology or related area.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in fleet maintenance and management, and related;
• Solid computer skills, including proficiency in word processing and good knowledge of fleet maintenance databases;
• Strong organizational and supervisory skills are a must, as are skills in capital needs forecasting and budgeting;
• Good knowledge of police administration issues;
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link:
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.