Finance Manager for Financial Planning and Budgeting
The Finance Manager for Financial Planning and Budgeting will support the Finance Director with developing and implementing the financial strategy of the South Sudan Country Office.
The jobholder has the overall responsibility of the Financial Planning and Budgeting function with a particular focus on providing excellent financial business partnering services to the program implementation team. The role holder will also be responsible for ensuring best in class financial management at country and field office levels – including leadership in respect to capacity building; implementing efficient & effective processes; improving and ensuring compliance with internal control systems. The Finance Manager for Financial Planning and Budgeting will also be strongly involved with SCI global change projects (HPO), ensuring that the financial component of these projects is successfully implemented.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, of which three at a management level within a finance department.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to lead, inspire and achieve results in a challenging context.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and able to communicate with diverse set of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills with the ability articulate complex information in an easy to understand manner.
- Solutions focused with ability to identify weaknesses and drive continuous improvement.
- Ability to prioritise, plan ahead, and manage a complex and diverse workload with tight deadlines.
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff.
- Self-starter who is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
- Excellent understanding of business and financial planning including strategic modelling.
- Excellent understanding of budgeting and budget management.
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures.
- Excellent understanding of computerised accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment.
- Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives and values.
- Written and verbal fluency in English.
- 4 years within the NGO / charities sector.
- Experience of working in an emergency context.
- Understanding of major donor compliance regulations (USAID, DFID, ECHO, OFTA, etc)
Contract duration: 18 months
Location: Juba, South Sudan (with up to 25% travel to field locations)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWtvZ2kuOTQwOTUuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkc…