ADRA South Sudan is a subunit of a large worldwide network that is present in more than 130 countries with its headquarters in Washington D.C. ADRA South Sudan has been operating in South Sudan for more than 35 years providing humanitarian response. ADRA South Sudan is currently seeking an experienced, self-directed Finance Director for its Country Office.
Responsible to: Country Director
Location: Juba but with frequent travels to the field.
Start date: 1st January, 2021.**
Accounting / Financial
· Accounting and tracking of all ADRA South Sudan resources in accordance with ADRA and donor policies/regulations.
· Maintenance of all accounting records and implementation of financial control systems in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Ensure that all documentation is adequate and complete.
· All banking requirements including: movement of funds, fund requests to donors, exchange of currency, separation of accounts, regular reconciliation of accounts, and maintenance of banking records.
· Preparation of all financial reports as required for local program management, ADRA institutions, donors, and government bodies.
· Implementation of a comprehensive fixed asset and inventory control system, including consumables – including identification system for all capital assets, maintenance of fixed asset ledger, and routine monitoring of inventory reconciliations for expendables.
· Process disbursement of funds for authorized administration and project expenditures. Insure that all expenditures of funds conform to: ADRA and donor regulations, budget limits, use or purpose originally intended.
Monitoring / Project Development
· Regular review and examination of financial statements, bank and journal vouchers.
· Work closely with Internal Auditors to ensure a high standard of compliance with all donor policies.
· Preparation and submission of fund advance or expense vouchers to donors as necessary.
· Implementation of audit recommendations as necessary to ensure compliance with ADRA, Donor, and Government accounting standards.
· Management and expenditure of funds so as to protect the financial health of ADRA South Sudan. Monitor the spend-down of funds of each project by line item to ensure conformance to budget and project time-line.
· Ensure prompt payment and reconciliation between projects and external entities.
· Oversight of the payroll system, and withholding and payment of employee income taxes to government.
· Preparation or revision of project budgets as required.
· Preparation of annual operating budget and annual financial statements.
· Manage and record all contracts and agreements signed on behalf of ADRA. Ensure the compliance to donor regulations, and budgetary constraints.
· Maintenance of necessary insurance coverage for ADRA South Sudan: assets, personnel injury, and general liability.
Capacity Building / Management
· Officially represent ADRA South Sudan in all financial communication with the Senior Management, donors and constituents. Negotiate with the donors and constituents with regard to financial issues.
· Travel regularly to the ADRA South Sudan field offices to provide technical support, training and monitoring of office financial procedures
· Be participative and active in a mentoring role to enhance the financial potential of all finance staff by providing in-house training on financial management, Excel, and other computer applications
· Serve as member of ADRA South Sudan ADCOM and attend the ADRA South Sudan Board meetings when invited.
· Accomplish any other tasks requested by the Country Director
· Must have at least a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
· Has a recognized professional qualification e.g ACCA, CIMA, IFA/IPA, ACA having an MBA will be an added advantage.
Has at least 4 years’ experience working in finance and accounting environment
How to apply
Please send your cover letter with contact details of reference persons and CV in English including salary expectations to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The deadline for receiving applications will be 21st September, 2020.