Responsibilities and Accountability
- Lead and oversee financial processes across the mission
- Monitoring project budget realization using available tools (Navision, BMT, et,) including forecast.
- Preparing Budget Monitoring (BMT) and other necessary tools for new projects.
- Verifying costs booked in Navision in terms of nature of expenditure, description, legibility etc.
- Participating in the allocation procedure: updating projects basket, verifying and accepting allocation files.
- Cooperating with Project Coordinator/Manager in preparing monthly cash flow data.
- Running financial reports according to PAH and donor requirements.
- Participating in preparation of new budget/budget revision in collaboration with Project Coordinator/Manager
- Facilitating all audit processes in the mission and coordinate all audit issues are followed up and resolved to a final conclusion.
- Following up on donors/partners/vendors/coordinators/staff issues and ensuring they are addressed in a timely manner, in collaboration with Project Coordinator/Manager, Operational Department on the Mission and Financial Desk in HQ
- Attend procurement committee meetings (setting up selection criteria and tender opening and evaluation)
- Verifying and approving payments related Mission bank account payment
- Approving costs (financial approval) under projects.
- Performing any other duties as directed and instructed by the Direct supervisor.
Qualifications and skills:
Minimum Required qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance Management.
- Experience with similar scope of responsibilities- finance coordinator position (min. 3 years)
- Previous work with INGO at a similar position (min. 3 years)
- Working Knowledge of institutional donors like ECHO, USAID, SSHF, RRF UNICEF etc.
- Must be proficient and knowledgeable of word processing, advanced excel with knowledge of advanced formulas such as lookup functions and the use of pivot tables.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to resolve complex problems with multiple variables.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in using Navision accounting system
- Partial professional qualification in Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and/or Certified Public Accountant certification (CPA).at least level 11.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles
How to apply
Application Submission Criteria:
Please send a covering letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the Person Specification along with your CV to Human Resources at email@example.com or submit your application to PAH Compound South Sudan Mission near Nile Fortune Hotel; Tomping, Juba – South Sudan.
· Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line i.e. *“Application for the position of “Finance Coordinator**”***
· Note: Due to urgent need to fill this position, short listing may take place before the advertisement deadline.
· We appreciate your application however, only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within the closing date, we regret that your application has been unsuccessful.