Finance and Operations Manager
South Sudan Jobs southsudanjobs.com
As the newest country in the world, South Sudan continues to struggle amidst the challenges that accompany the complex process of nation-building. The 2018 Peace Agreement has brought hope that South Sudan will transition from a protracted crisis to long-term development programming, but the implementation of the agreement has been slow. CRS country program in South Sudan includes food security, livelihoods, nutrition, WASH, emergency response, health, peacebuilding and microfinance, supported by WFP, USAID, EU and emergency funding from CRS, LDS, and other Caritas private donors.
CRS South Sudan is seeking a Finance and Operations Manager for an anticipated three-year USAID/Office of Food for Peace (FFP) funded Multi-Year Emergency Food Assistance Activity in South Sudan. The program will seek to add value to existing cash, voucher, and commodity resource pipelines through food security activities that increase the impact of FFP-supported famine prevention and food security efforts in the country. Hiring is contingent upon successful award of the project.
Job Summary: CRS is seeking a Finance and Operations Manager to ensure successful management of the USAID/FFP Multi-Year Emergency Food Assistance program to serve food insecurity households in South Sudan. You will ensure a high level of resource stewardship, strict financial accountability and financial risk (including partners’ financial management systems, processes, and practices). You will oversee the following operational functions – finance, human resources, supply chain (logistics, procurement and fleet), security, administration and information and communication technology. You will anticipate and manage financial and operational needs and delivery challenges, and identify and implement improvement solutions, as needed, to minimize the project’s exposure to financial and operational risk.
Required Languages: English
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Technical experience in developing and delivering finance, human resources, supply chain (logistics, procurement and fleet), security, administration and information and communication technology systems in conflict and resource poor settings.
* Experience and skill in implementing matrix management and remote management supervision for field teams.
* Demonstrated capacity to manage multiple tasks in parallel and quickly make decisions to adjust program priorities.
* Demonstrated capacity to build, mentor, and lead diverse teams in challenging field conditions responding rapidly to evolving challenges, devising appropriate solutions, and achieving results.
* Demonstrated capacity to live and work in remote and insecure field locations with basic amenities and few or no other international staff and adhere a strict curfew and movement restrictions.
* Cultural awareness, capacity to learn rapidly, and adapt management approaches to varying cultural and security contexts. Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
* Good presentation and facilitation skills for diverse groups.
* Management experience a plus. Experience with an NGO strongly preferred.
* Experience with consortium arrangement, particularly across multiple geographical areas.
* Experience in coordinating and sharing program staff, facilities, and resources with multiple projects and teams working in the same location.
* Knowledge of UDSAID/FFP regulations highly preferred.
* Substantial budgeting, budget/expense analysis, and accounting experience.
* Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications.
* Knowledge of Oracle/ERP or similar financial reporting software highly preferred
* Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment a preferred.
Supervision responsibilities: Direct or indirect supervision of finance, human resources, supply chain (logistics, procurement and fleet), security, administration and information and communication technology staff.
Internal: Operations Advisor, Security Manager and regional operational leadership and advisors.
External: Caritas Internationalis member organizations, UN agencies (FAO and WFP), peer agencies, state and local authorities.
* B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent). MBA or Master’s degree in related field with a focus on Accounting preferred. A professional certification in Accounting or a related field highly preferred.
* Minimum of five years experience in a similar position, preferably with an International NGO.
* Additional education m ay substitute for some experience.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
How to apply
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.