Finance and Administration Officer
Main objective of the role:
As the Finance and Administration Officer, the job holder is responsible for supporting the Finance and Operations Officer in implementing the overall accounting and financial control, administrative and procurement systems for the smooth and effective functioning CBM Country Office.
We are looking for someone who will
· Ensure efficient payments and disbursements according to approved policy and procedures
· Ensure expenses are authorized and processed in accordance with agreed procedures for both CBM and donors.
· Supervise management of petty cash on a rolling imprest management system
· Maintain the accounting reporting process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of ledgers and all supporting documentation and compliance with financial manual and procurement regulations.
· Maintain accounting records, ensuring they are complete, accurate, well archived and safeguarded.
· Receive and assess Financial reports from Partners and ensure compliance with the Grant Agreement and CBM financial manual requirements
· Receive and assess audited financial statements including Management letter from Partners and ensure compliance with CBM financial requirements and Global Accounting Standards.
· Follow up on issues raised by auditors in the Management Letter from Partners to ensure resolution
· Procure audit services in accordance with procurement policy and procedures
· Manage the audit assignment as directed by the Finance and Grants Specialist.
· Ensure up to date registration of CBM in the Country
· Ensure proper functioning of front Office Operations including written correspondence
· Ensure operation of Procurement system according to policy guidelines
· Ensure up to date records are maintained including leave, staff personal records
· Ensure proper payroll administration and accounting
· Ensure an effective time sheet management
· Ensure all staff benefits are managed according to Human Resource Handbook guidelines, e.g. Medical, Staff Insurance, Pension, social security, travel insurance among others
We are looking for someone who has
· Bachelor degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting or procurement
· At least 5 years accounting experiencing in a busy office
· Proven work experience as a Finance & Administration Officer or similar role
· Hands-on experience with accounting software, i.e. QuickBooks
· Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and charts and using financial Excel functions)
· Good understanding of bookkeeping procedures & double entry
· Time-management and organization skills
How to apply
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to email@example.com
Application deadline: on 26th January 2021 by 5:00pm
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who meet the qualifications to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at http://www.cbm.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thispositionis local and subject *to local employment and immigration laws. The job will be based in Juba.*