Finance and Admin Officer
South Sudan Jobs ( southsudanJobs.com )
Purpose of Position:
S/he will ensure adequate stewardship of agency resources and sound financial reporting in line with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, JAM policies and procedures, local laws and donor requirements. S/her major responsibilities would include but not limited to preparation of cashbook, bank & petty cash operations, cash receipts, receivables, prepayments, payables and operations.
- Review all payment vouchers before they are presented to Area Manager/designate for approval.
- Consolidate templates for posting of General Journal vouchers and send to Finance Officer reporting for posting to SUN on weekly basis.
- Payment of all statutory obligations including taxes like PIT etc.
- Cash Management – verify the cash in bank, prepare cash forecast and ensure adequate cash is available for planned activities.
- Managing Advances, Prepayments, and Receivables through follow up on delinquent liquidations, Reconciliation of accounts.
- Involvement in the production of quarterly cash forecasts.
- Making payments to vendors and all service providers.
- Review all transactions to ensure that proper approvals and authorization have been done.
- Ensure project is managed and replenished in accordance to JAM cash management procedures.
- Assist the Area Manager to respond to the Country office requests.
- From time to time, perform any other duties as may be assigned by Grants and Finance Manager and/Management.
- Updating of asset register for all assets at the filed location, carrying out asset count.
- Management of drivers schedule of activities.
- Participating in field procurement meetings
- Supervising of drivers including setting objectives, development and appraisal.
- Preparation of fuel efficiency report and submitting to Operations Specialist.
- B COM or BBA Accounting or equivalent degree and/or professional certification in accounting strongly preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar position
- Proficiency in Sun System and Q & A applications strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate to new policies and procedures effectively
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (word, excel, o
How to apply
Qualified South Sudanese nationals should send CVs and Cover Letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.