Finance & Administration Manager
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm supporting some of the most complex development problems worldwide. Are you interested in being part of programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others? At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and advance critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Finance & Administration Manager
Department/Location: Juba, South Sudan
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is currently seeking a Finance and Administration Manager for an upcoming Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) project in South Sudan, funded by USAID. This a full time position based in Juba, South Sudan. This project will provide a range of technical assistance to USAID South Sudan’s portfolio of programs.
*This position is contingent upon award*
*This position is only open to South Sudanese Nationals*
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day accounting and disbursement needs of the program;
- Ensure the availability of funds and verify that all procurement actions are compliant with USG regulations, USAID policies, and IBTCI’s financial management guidelines prior to payments
- Report daily to the Chief of Party on financial, bookkeeping, billings, procurement, and office and staff security arrangements
- Oversee the local subcontractor for legal and accounting services including licensing and payroll processes
- Establish and maintain office accounting and filing systems
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and maintaining full financial accountability of an organization with experience in bookkeeping and computerized accounting software
- Demonstrated experience and skills in all aspects of office administration procedures
- Excellent administrative skills and organizational skills
- Proven ability to plan ahead and manage multiple tasks with a professional and flexible attitude and aproach
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills with the ability to communicate and present ideas verbally and in writing, clearly, succinctly, and articulately
- Experience providing financial and administrative oversight support to USAID-funded development programs strongly preferred.
- Advanced computer skills
Education: A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven success in maintaining professional business relationships with service providers, with evidence of strong ethical negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and USAID regulations, including procurement regulations
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work effectively at an individual and team level
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management and Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance.
Are you looking for a company that offers worthwhile opportunities for your professional growth? At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
- Posted by: Main Office
- Company: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI)
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Juba - South Sudan
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administration/Finance
- Tags: No Tags
370 total views, 2 today