The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Juba, South Sudan.
Welthungerhilfe’s country programme in South Sudan is focusing on the geographical areas of Northern Bahr el Ghazal, Unity and Equatorias States and aims at improving the food and nutrition security of vulnerable population, mainly smallholder farmers and internally displaced population. As Expert Logistics, you will support the overall management of the logistics department and improve logistics capacity in the field offices. In doing so, you will ensure that Welthungerhilfe’s and donor’s logistics guidelines/policies are consistently applied within the South Sudan programme implementation.
- Procurement and supply chain management in accordance with Welthungerhilfe procedures for Juba offices and field locations
- Ensuring that storage facilities are fully functioning (spare parts, consumables, etc.) and are correctly managed according to Welthungerhilfe standards
- Ensuring a proper planning of material resources in coordination with the Heads of Projects and Finance managers
- Participating in the planning and management of local purchases, storage, transportation, distribution and use of funds, including documentation in accordance with Welthungerhilfe standards and the respective specifications and requirements of the project and co-financiers
- Supporting the Heads of Projects in the preparation of financial forecasts and budget tracking
- Supervising, advising and training national staff on project related logistics issues
- Management of the vehicle fleet and generators (consumption, costs and maintenance)
- Coordination / management of relevant communication facilities (radio communication)
- Planning and organising the importation of goods (import regulations, customs handling)
- Organisation of office premises / guesthouse, storage facilities, (identification of appropriate buildings, furnishings and fittings, maintenance)
- A university/polytechnic degree in logistics or development cooperation/humanitarian aid OR at least 3 years of professional experience in logistics in an international private company
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office 2016 software package, especially Word and Excel
- Able to work under time pressure and sometimes high workload
- Able to work in an insecure environment and to follow strict security procedures
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and willingness to be part of a multinational team
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by May 5, 2021 by following this link. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.