Forcier Consulting is currently recruiting a Environmental Specialist for an anticipated UNOPS project in South Sudan.
While the details of this project have yet to be fully released, this person will be responsible for providing expert environmental insight and technical support for the project design and implementation across South Sudan.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Environmental Science, Resource/Environmental Economics, Natural Resources Management or relevant scientific discipline is required.
- 5 years of progressive relevant operational experience in public sector and proven track record in working on projects covering a broad range of and infrastructure issues is required
- Experience in South Sudan is an asset.
Forcier isn’t the place for everyone. But for those who do find us to be a good fit, they can’t imagine being anywhere else. Our company operates with five immutable laws. If these don’t resonate with you, working with us probably won’t be a good fit for you. If they speak to you, you’ll find a new home with us.
- Be nice or leave. All our staff at all stages deserve to be treated professionally and with respect. Discrimination, racism, tribalism, sexism, and neo-colonialist language will not be tolerated. This goes for internal and external interactions.
- This is a stress free zone. The places where we work are stressful enough, we don’t need to add extra pressure. Increasing stress increases the likelihood of errors. We all work to minimize stress together.
- We embrace a strong work ethic and a strong rest ethic. We believe that balance is critical to long-term success. We all work together to avoid burnout on our teams and ensure that team members have the opportunity to frequently and regularly take complete time off. We recognize the needs for every team member may be unique depending on their individual circumstances.
- Safety first. We never put staff or partners in harm’s way for any reason, and we do not ask staff to go places or complete work with which they do not feel personally comfortable – for any reason. We do not offer financial incentives for people to take additional risk (hazard pay).
- Quality is paramount. We stand behind the integrity of our work. We don’t cut corners and we deliver the absolute best product possible every single time, both internally and externally.
How to apply
Visit our website
Submit a CV and Cover Letter