Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Environmental Engineering Unit (EEU), the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Design and implement environmental controls related to Mission infrastructure to ensure compliance and efficient environmental risk management, based on HQ or Mission guidance and regulatory obligations;
- Design and implement the mission’s waste management plan in accordance with UNMISS SOPs and applicable HQ guidance to achieve the Mission’s environmental performance objectives;
- Prepare report on environmental engineering projects in the Mission;
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to identify and address environmental engineering related issues and opportunities;
- Create CAD drawings of required environmental engineering controls;
- Maintiain the technical environmental engineering line of communication to the Field Engineering Offices;
- Participate in implementation of pilot projects or tests to produce innovative solutions to situations unique to field locations;
- Perform any other tasks required to support the Engineering Section as directed by the Head of the Environmental Engineering Unit.
Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering with focus on environmental engineering and/or water resources concentration, Health and Sanitation Engineering, Water Resource Engineering and/or related areas of study.
At least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of environmental engineering or civil engineering, health and sanitation engineering and/or related areas. Experience in simultaneous management of relevant projects is an asset;
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Proficiency in AutoCAD required, Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office application (excel, word, power point) and other IT applications and office technology equipment.
- Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System; Sound security awareness.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.