Education Technical Specialist
South Sudan Jobs ( southsudanJobs.com )
The Education Technical Specialist, is a member of Save the Children Programme Development and Quality (PDQ) team and will work in close collaboration with PDQ team members, Programme Operations and education programme implementation staff based at the field offices. The Education Technical Specialist will provide technical and advisory services and support, and complete tasks related to the design and implementation of Save the Children South Sudan’s $40,000,000 active and pipeline portfolio. The role is designed to provide technical and strategic leadership for South Sudan’s education programme and to ensure that all Country Office education programmes and projects are of high quality, are relevant and are designed to result in impact for ch ildren, families and communities. The post holder will support program development including developing new business, proposals and concept notes with focus on short and medium term responses for quality education responses. S/he will provide technical capacity building to project teams and partners, lead and contribute to education related MEAL activities, carry-out and support project monitoring and implementation, and represent the Country Office at and support national and state-level advocacy and coordination activities. The post holder will assess Education in Emergencies (EiE) responses to prevailing conflict and natural disasters affected areas in the country and design and/or advice on mitigation and response measures.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Masters or advanced degree in education, social sciences, international development, humanitarian response or a related field.
* Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in the field of education, especially Emergency Education response and education in transition and development. Experience in complex emergencies and experience with either the UN and/or NGO strongly preferred.
* Technical experience and knowledge in the area of education in emergencies response required, including assessments, monitoring and evaluation, and collaboration with partners.
* Proven experience of high quality proposal development, report writing and documentation.
* Resourcefulness, flexibility, and the ability to prioritize large amounts of work while under pressure.
* Good analytical, facilitation, communication and presentation skills.
* Politically and culturally sensitive, awareness of gender issues, with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
* Fluency in English (verbal and written).
* Good knowledge of the context of South Sudan and/or the region is an asset
* Communicates effectively to varied audiences, including during formal public speaking.
* Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
* Sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals.
* Has good leadership and supervisory skills; co-ordinates group activities, ensuring that roles within the team are clear.
* Translates strategic direction into plans and objectives.
* Analyzes and integrates diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data from a wide range of sources.
* Quickly builds rapport with individuals and groups; maintains an effective network of individuals across organizational departments.
* Identifies urgent and potentially difficult decisions and acts on them promptly; initiates and generates team- and department-wide activities.
* Demonstrates, applies and shares expert technical knowledge across the organization.
Contract duration: 12 months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.