Education for Peace Recovery and Resilience Project Manager
South Sudan Jobs southsudanjobs.com
In a consortium led by Family Health International (FHI 360), NRC with BRAC and Democracy International will implement a three- year USAID funded Education for Peace and Resilience Project targeting conflict affected adolescents and youth. The project, which focusses on formal and non-formal education, seeks to increase safe learning spaces, support teachers to teach literacy and numeracy, increase psychosocial support services in schools, integrate peace building approaches into the teaching and learning processes and enhance the capacity of PTAs and school stakeholders to manage schools and support the learning for their children. In this consortium, NRC will deliver community outreach interventions to support children and youth to enter schools within the inclusive and gender-sensitive peace education framework. Primarily NRC’s responsibility is for Western Bahr El Ghazal and Jonglei project Hub with additional support to other consortium members in their respective Hubs on specific activities.
The purpose of the Education for Peace and Resilience (EPRR) Project Manager is to provide strategic direction and overall management of the project, responsible for the development and implementation of the EPRR Project activities.
- Line manage EPRR project staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and education strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant education projects
- Coordinate and manage education project implementation in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Provide regular progress reports to the Area Manager and Education Specialist, highlighting operational successes and challenges
- Promote increased inclusiveness and accessibility within all education activities, explore and recommend improvements
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Actively promote the rights of displaced persons PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and among beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Provide technical direction to EPRR education team, and ensure quality results
- Develop and manage education project budget, in coordination with the Area Manager and NRC finance team
- Develop work plans, lead and oversee timely implementation of project activities ensuring quality outcomes
- Coordinate with M&E Manager and design a system for tracking results.
- Engage with project stakeholders including consortium members for synergies and standardization of approaches
- Represent EPRR in various forums e.g. cluster, Technical Working Group meetings, donor engagement meetings
- Coordinate program activities with State governments especially the State Ministry of Education and other education actors for optimal resource use.
Compile project reports and other written out as per donor requirements.
Click on the NRC website for further information on the job description
- An Advanced Degree in Education, Social Sciences or any other relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience from a senior level in project implementation working on humanitarian/recovery programs in insecure, complex and volatile environments.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, coaching and capacity building as well as ability to work with culturally diverse teams
- Excellent writing and speaking skills and ability to develop complex arguments
- Solid budgeting skills
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience (Preferred)
- Experience in managing USAID Contracts specifically commercial contracts
- Excellent knowledge of education in emergencies programming, strong understanding of INEE minimum standards and humanitarian principles including, policies, frameworks, networks and stakeholders
- Strong experience working in a partnership model and establishing and maintaining coordination and communication systems at inter-agency level
- Technical expertise in education, youth, adolescence, peace-building, teacher education, social- emotional awareness and learning
- Experience with remote management, assessments and project start-ups
- Knowledge of South Sudan Context
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Strategic Thinking
- Initiating action and change
We can offer
Contract period: 24 months, subject to availability of funds.
Fee: From NOK 45,000. Attractive allowances apply
Duty station: Wau/ Western Bahr El Gazhal (WBeG) and Bor (Jonglei)– .
Travel: up to 20%.
***Female applicants are encouraged to apply***
How to apply
Update your profile on this link:
Do not attach any CV / Resumes
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.