Education Cannot Wait (ECW) MYRP Secretariat Coordinator
South Sudan Jobs southsudanjobs.com
NRC as a member of the Education Cannot Wait (ECW) Grantee Consortium in South Sudan also manages a secretariat that supports the Ministry of General Education and Instruction (MoGEI) as a chair of the Multi Year Resilience Program (MYRP) Steering Committee. The MYRP Steering Committee is an in-country high level entity at the policy level responsible for overall strategic guidance and is constituted by multiple stakeholders that are Donors, the National Education Coalition (NEC), UN agencies, National Education Cluster and civil society representatives. The Secretariat therefore serves to support the Steering Committee in executing key roles namely policy advocacy, resource mobilization, promoting coherence and effectiveness in the program as well as ensuring the smooth running of the business of the Steering Committee
ECW is a Multi-Year Resilience Program (MYRP) initially expected to run for three years. The program has been launched with USD 30 million Seed Money. The rest of the funding is expected to be raised during the course of the Program. This position is part of the ECW- MYRP Secretariat. The MYRP Secretariat will have a functional accountability to the Ministry of General Education and Instruction (MoGEI) as the Chair of the Steering Committee and an administrative accountability to NRC and its rules and regulations. Housed within the MoGEI, the purpose of the MYRP Secretariat Coordinator position is to implement delegated MYRP project portfolio and the post holder is expected to have distinct experience of strategic fund raising; working at policy level engagement with government institutions; great deal of networking and a good exposure and knowledge to education sector and most importantly to national, regional and global education sector platforms and initiatives.
- Facilitate and support coordination meetings with the MoGEI
- Coordinate with the MoGEI in the development of funding strategy of the MYRP
- Contribute to the overall fundraising efforts and support the Ministry of Education including providing strategic guidance on proposal development
- Ensure information exchange among the different functions of ECW including the steering committee members, Grantees and any interest groups
- Contribute to Advocacy on Education matters
- Responsible to manage the MYRP Secretariat resources including human resources and finance
- Build the capacity of MoGEI technical staff, and transfer key skills through mentoring and on-the-job training.
- Represent MYRP in relevant forums/coordination mechanism, including with national authorities and donors.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements.
- Ensure that NRC MYRP related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and reports any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Support the MoGEI as chair of the MYRP Steering Committee in its coordination and oversight role
- Facilitate linkages between the Steering Committee, concerned government agencies, local government offices, relevant committees and units within MoGEI, relevant humanitarian and development actors, existing coordination systems at national and state levels
- Ensure Steering Committee decisions are communicated timely through appropriate channels to relevant stakeholders
- Develop frameworks to transition MYRP to development, long-term, oriented education program.
- Lead the MoGEI resource mobilization, fund raising, processes including proposal writing.
- Build the capacity of MoGeI staff to identify funding opportunities and follow through them for long term education response programs
- Coordinate program activities with State governments especially the State Ministry of Education
- Represent MYRP Secretariat at coordination forums such as the education cluster, donor engagement meetings
- Document successes in program implementation with a particular focus on MYRP approach.
- Support with the organisation of MYRP launch meeting, quarterly reviews, close out and learning meetings
- Provide secretarial support to MoGEI as chair of the Steering Committee for MYRP.
- An Advanced Degree in Education Administration, Business Administration or any other relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience from a senior level in business development with a particular focus on education in insecure environments, and a minimum of 2 years’ working in humanitarian/recovery programs
- Experience in working in complex and volatile context
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, coaching and capacity building as well as ability to work with culturally diverse teams
- Excellent writing and speaking skills and ability to develop complex arguments
- Solid budgeting skills and understanding of working with donors
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
The below context experience is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of education in emergencies programming and links to long-term programming, including standards, policies, frameworks, and relevant networks and stakeholders
- Experience designing programs and writing multi-year program proposals
- Strong experience working in a partnership model and establishing and maintaining coordination and communication systems at inter-agency level Knowledge and experience working with multi-lateral and bilateral donors
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Strategic Thinking
- Handling insecure environments
We can offer
Contract Period: 24 months, renewable subject to funding
Pay: From NOK 45,000 per month. Attractive allowances apply
Travel: 20% to field sites within South Sudan
How to apply
Please update your experience and apply on this link:
Do not upload any attachments.
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.