Director of recovery and resilience
South Sudan Jobs
Chemonics seeks a director of recovery and resilience for the anticipated USAID/South Sudan Education for Peace, Recovery, and Resilience Activity (EPRR). This potential three-year program will expand access to learning opportunities in a safe and protective learning environment, while reinforcing resilience efforts and recovery trends for youth most affected by conflict. The goals of the program will be to: increase access to equitable learning opportunities for boys and girls, improve learning outcomes through enhanced literacy and numeracy instruction, enhance recovery and resilience through psychosocial support and peace building activities, and increase the capacity of communities to support education and increase ownership to maintain the facilities. The position is based in Juba. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide leadership, management, and technical direction for psychosocial support and resilience components of the project
- Design and oversee the implementation of conflict-sensitive peacebuilding activities
- Equip teachers and Parent/Teacher Association (PTA) members with skills to provide others with psychosocial support
- Design and oversee the implementation of teacher training to apply psychosocial-informed approaches to their students’ learning process
- Support teachers and PTA members in rolling out peacebuilding and life skills activities at beneficiary schools
- Bachelor’s degree in management, international development, education, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in complex and challenging field operations in conflict or conflict-prone environments, preferably in Africa
- Demonstrated leadership experience leading technical components of USAID-funded projects and experience with learning activity design and development and management of large donor-funded education projects
- Capacity to understand and analyze national, regional, and local politics as they relate to EPRR’s ability to train teachers and PTAs in psychosocial-informed, conflict-sensitive, peace-building approaches to learning
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Recent experience and strong working knowledge of South Sudan preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in written and oral English required
How to apply
Submit your resume and cover letter through this link by June 15, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.