Director of equitable learning opportunities
South Sudan Jobs
Chemonics seeks a director of equitable learning opportunities for the anticipated USAID/South Sudan Education for Peace, Recovery, and Resilience (EPRR) program. This potential three-year program will expand access to learning opportunities in a safe, protective learning environment while reinforcing resilience efforts and recovery trends for youth most affected by conflict. EPRR’s goals will be to (1) increase access to equitable learning opportunities for boys and girls, (2) improve learning outcomes through enhanced literacy and numeracy instruction, (3) enhance recovery and resilience through psychosocial support and peacebuilding activities, and (4) increase the capacity of communities to support education and increase ownership to maintain education facilities. The position will be based in Juba. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead and manage elements of EPRR that focus on equitable learning
- Ensure the appropriate implementation of EPRR’s equitable learning strategy
- Oversee the creation and provision of teaching and learning materials
- Conduct education risk and context assessments for schools and communities
- Conduct assessments to inform the expansion of plans
- Design and oversee the implementation of activities that promote school safety
- Bachelor’s degree in management, international development, education, or a related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in complex and challenging field operations in conflict-affected or conflict-prone environments, preferably in Africa
- Demonstrated experience leading technical components of USAID-funded projects
- Experience designing learning activities as well as developingt and managing large donor-funded education projects
- Capacity to understand and analyze national, regional, and local politics as they relate to EPRR’s ability to provide youth with access to equitable learning opportunities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
- Recent experience and strong working knowledge of South Sudan preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter here by June 15, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.