Deputy Team Leader
South Sudan Jobs ( southsudanJobs.com )
The Deputy Team Leader will report to the Director of Field Operations and will be responsible for the overall leading and oversight of the Forcier team delivering ELFSS (Evidence and Learning Facility for South Sudan) for DFID, as well as the coordination and collaboration with the consortium lead (IMC Worldwide) and its team (Team Leader and Project Manager).
Forcier is looking for a highly self-motivated individual with significant experience managing and implementing field research projects in complex settings. Clear, solution-oriented and team-building thinking is essential. An ability to manage a multitude of key staff and foster capacity building among local and international staff. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, highly professional, and innovative in their approach to research. The Deputy Team Leader must be a strong communicator, a strong leader, and team builder.
In particular, the responsibilities of the Deputy Team Leader, include:
• Oversee the delivery of the Third Party Monitoring (TPM) on DFID’s HARISS portfolio;
• Ensure adherence to and further develop the TPM workflow;
• Lead on the production of Forcier’s portions of the Quarterly Report with input from all relevant team members;
• Oversee/lead presentations to client on TPM visits and findings;
• Identify and lead on communicating key learnings from TPM findings to the client and relevant partners;
• Lead partner engagement and maintain relationships with focal points;
• Lead capacity development for staff;
• Support Research Manager with site selection, tool development, researcher training, logistics, and partner engagement on TPM visits;
• Oversee adherence of security protocols for field visits;
• Support Lead Analyst in further developing the analysis process, templates, and any further research topics of interest coming from the TPM findings;
• Quality assure and write, as necessary, TPM reports;
• Work with team members and relevant DFID staff to maximise the impact of findings on programming;
• Ensure all of Forcier’s administrative procedures are being adhered to by the team;
• Oversee fieldwork costs to ensure compliance with the available budget;
• Collaborate with the Project Manager and Team Leader to ensure coherence of the Forcier team with the overall project goals;
• Support the Project Manager in all requests coming from DFID;
• Participate in client discussions and offer input particularly on technical aspects;
• Performing other tasks as agreed with the Team Leader, Project Manager, and Senior Director of Research & Client Services.
- Relevant post-graduate degree (research methodology, aid/development);
- Five years of relevant work experience, including 2 years in a managerial role;
- At least 3 years experience in an M&E role
- Experience in living and working in fragile states;
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage teams from diverse backgrounds;
- Experience with TPM;
- Advanced skills in qualitative and quantitative analysis an asset;
- Experience working on DFID projects;
- Fluent written and spoken English.
How to apply
Submit a CV and Cover Letter to:
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.