Deputy chief of party – operations
South Sudan Jobs
Chemonics seeks a deputy chief of party – operations for the anticipated three year USAID Education for Peace, Recovery, and Resilience Activity in South Sudan. The program aims to expand access to learning opportunities in a safe and protective learning environment, while reinforcing resilience efforts and recovery trends for youth most affected by conflict. It will support the government to: 1) increase access to equitable learning opportunities for boys and girls; 2) improve learning outcomes through enhanced literacy and numeracy instruction; 3) enhance recovery and resilience through psychosocial support and peace building activities; and 4) increase the capacity of communities to support education and increase ownership to maintain education facilities. The deputy chief of party position is based in Juba. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Manage activity operations, logistics, human resources, accounting and finance, construction, and procurement
- Manage the contract budget and prepare financial reports for submission to USAID
- Enact fraud mitigation practices and ensure that the systems and processes are in place to effectively support award implementation
- Identify gaps in operational procedures and bottlenecks that hinder program implementation and outcome achievement, and recommend solutions
- Ensure completion of all technical and financial reporting for program donors in a timely and accurate manner
- Design and manage operational systems and processes to enable the program to achieve its technical goals and complete deliverables in a timely fashion
- Oversee work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Supervise activity operations staff, ensuring staff are successfully managing operations and implementing activities
- Provide contractual and compliance oversight and supervision of subcontractors as required
- Provide the chief of party with effective and ongoing reporting on all matters relevant to the efficient management of finances and operations
- Ensure compliance with USAID regulations and Chemonics policies
- Bachelor’s degree in financial management, international development, conflict/peacebuilding, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum three years of professional experience in complex and challenging field operations on a USAID-funded activity in a conflict or conflict-prone environment, preferably in Africa
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing operations and financial systems, overseeing program startup under limited time constraints, overseeing program closeout highly desired but not required
- Experience managing day-to-day operations of a large-scale USAID-funded project
- Strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Experience in South Sudan preferred
- Fluency in English, both writing and speaking, required
How to apply
Submit resume and cover letter here by June 15, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.