CP IMS Manager
South Sudan Jobs southsudanjobs.com
25th August, 2020.
Internal Job Advertisement
VA – NO: 2020/08/25 – 1
Save the Children is an international non-governmental organization that works for a future of children, their families and communities realize social equity and dignity; have access to their basic physical, emotional and development needs.
SCI is seeking to recruit: –
Job Title: CP IMS Manager.
Location: Juba South Sudan
Reports to: Child Protection Manager
Contract period: 12 Months – with possibility of extension.
The Finance Archivist is responsible for the state and contents of all the files kept in the Archive.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Manage the national level CP IMS database to ensure the information flow for verification, referrals, case transfers and reunification between handling agency and focal point agency.
- Monitor adherence to procedure on individual cases and ensure that roles and responsibilities are upheld.
- Support the migration processes of SCI FTR and case management data from different Field Offices as well as data from the remaining FTR/case management partners from CPIMS to CPIMS+.
- Collaborate with the Capacity Building Specialist, train the Data Entry Clerks and other FTR workers on the use of CPIMS/CPIMS+, rapid FTR and filling of paper forms.
- Supervise SCI CPIMS/CPIMS+ Coordinator based in Juba.
- Organise monthly skype calls and quarterly visits to SCI CP IMS staff/ data clerks and staff inputting data in the rapid FTR in the field to discuss progress, challenges and areas of support.
- Support the field teams on the use of the database, registration equipment, data backups and data screening.
- Work with UNICEF on the integration of the Rapid FTR system with the CP IMS/CPIMS+.
- Work with CP Technical Specialist to design and review and update information sharing protocols for South Sudan.
- Collect, review and screen all data from the field before submitting to the CP Technical Specialist and other CP staff and before sharing it with national level partners.
- Produce weekly and monthly disaggregated statistics and qualitative updates of progress on FTR work based on agreed template for stakeholders and SCI internally. Periodically run the trends and analysis from the CP IMS/CPIMS+ database.
- Ensure data is synchronised from state level offices to main database in Juba through coordination with FTR and data entry personnel in each state.
- Ensure bi-weekly uploads from Rapid FTR is imported to the CP IMS/CPIMS+.
- Flag challenges with the rapid FTR for Collaboration with UNICEF and helpdesk for challenges with CP IMS/CPIMS+.
- Track individual cases that have outstanding/overdue actions and work closely with the FTR and CP teams to ensure progress on these cases (with implementing partners and SCI).
- Work closely with the CP team to ensure cases that require CP interventions outside of FTR activities are flagged and tracked.
- Ensure that good practice is followed in managing and storage of information with respect for Do No Harm principles and confidentiality and adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures and Information Sharing Protocol, especially within SCI.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects Save the Children’s commitment to safeguarding children in accordance the Child Protection Policy.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A first degree from a recognized institution in IT or other relevant field
- Minimum 3 years working experience in IT/ data management field with an international NGO or other globally recognized institution.
- Minimum of one-year experience of working with CPIMS/CPIMS.
- Previous experience in data management, previous experience of data management/information management systems in child protection programming preferred.
- Proven experience in reporting and statistics
- Previous experience in training and capacity building of staff
- Excellent IT skills including the use of Excel (fundamental) and database software
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English Excellent team player
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to plan well, set own targets and meet them
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Willingness to travel and work regularly in field sites with basic standards of living and minimal comfort.
- Commitment to Save the Children policies
- Experience with similar cultural / social contexts in Africa, and ideally in South Sudan
- Be both self-reliant and have the ability to lead and co-operate with others.
- Be physically fit and be prepared to live in basic conditions for extended periods in field sites.
- Be able to work under minimum supervision to achieve the set objectives.
FURTHER INFORMATION & HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit applications containing updated CV, Motivation Letter, Reference contacts, and ONLY Copies of Nationality ID, Academic documents & relevant certificates. To Jobs.firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver at the HR Office in the Field locations mentioned above. Applications will also be received at save the children office at Hai Malakal Head Office before closing date of: 11th September, 2020 by 4:00 PM.
The position must be clearly indicated in your subject-line or envelop.
Note: SCI will continue to screen application upon receipt due to the urgency of the position.
Please note that:
- This position is open to South Sudanese nationals only. This is a non-relocatable position.
- Female Candidates are encouraged to apply!
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.