Country Representative – South Sudan
Contract Type: Fixed Term (12 – 24 months)
Salary: £62,257 per annum (This includes a 10% mobility allowance + 10% recruitment and retention allowance + 10% pension contribution + £3000 hardship allowance.)
To lead, plan and monitor CAFOD and Trócaire in partnership’s (CTP) involvement in South Sudan in line with the agreed strategy. The scope of the post falls in to the following broad categories:
- South Sudan Country Programme (humanitarian, development and advocacy) including: ownership of the South Sudan Country Strategy; programme quality and working closely with and in support of partner organisations in South Sudan to build strong and mutually supportive partnerships. This is exercised in consultation with the Head of Region and Joint Agency Governance Group (JAGG) and in line with the overall direction of the region/department/division/organisation for CAFOD and Trócaire.
- Office Management: Managing the country office, leading and managing the staff team and where necessary engaging short-term consultants for specific inputs.
- Financial and Funding Accountability: Budget authority and management for the South Sudan programme ensuring good financial management of CTP funds and donor funds, overheads and programme expenditure.
- Representation: Internal and external representation of the South Sudan programme Ensuring that CTP is effectively represented to key local and international players and networks, including the local church, institutional donors and other key contacts.
- Communication and Learning: Contributing to the strengthening of CTP’s institutional response to the challenges in South Sudan, through shared learning and information for development education,
- Security management and risk management: Hold responsibility for managing and ensuring appropriate country security and adherence to CTP policy and guidelines.
- Other: Fundraising, campaigning and public policy work.
Responsible for line managing managers and for managing staff in South Sudan with multiple partners and programmes; Manage staffing profile within agreed budget; Manage overall budgets, financial planning and authorisation of all expenditure at country level; Manage all financial matters including audits & financial risk at country level; Take responsibility for security management in South Sudan; Act as the legal representative for CTP in South Sudan; Act as prime spokesperson for CTP in South Sudan.
This role reports to the Head of Africa and is ex-officio officer to the joint Agency Governance Group, consisting of CAFOD Head of Region, Trócaire Head of Region, Trócaire Head of Humanitarian Programmes and CAFOD Head of Humanitarian Programmes – Africa. This post directly manages: Programme Manager – resilience; Programme Quality manager; Programme Development and Funding Officer, Finance and Administration Manager; and Logistics Coordinator.
To read more and apply please visit CAFOD website to begin the application process.
How to apply
To read more and apply, please visit CAFOD jobsite https://cafod.org.uk/Work-with-us to begin the application process.