Country Logistics Manager
Fixed-term| 12 Months | Asap
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
ACTED South Sudan
ACTED operations in South Sudan aim to improve food security, ensure access to livelihoods and develop resilience and emergency programmes. Since the eruption of the South Sudanese conflict in December 2013, ACTED has been contributing to the delivery of humanitarian services to internally displaced persons, refugees and host communities. As camp manager ACTED continues to coordinate and provide camp management services in Protection of Civilian (POC) site in Juba and Bor, informal settlements in Wau and refugee camps in Maban.
You will be in charge of
1.Supply chain management
- Procurement: Ensure that any need should be delivered according to the defined chronogram, requested quality standards, and proper procurement scenario.
- For any procurement, guarantee the compliance of the supplier selection & related documentation as per ACTED & donor’s procurement guidelines.
- Build the sourcing capacity in the country and in the region, and maintain a supplier database accordingly.
- Coordinate the procurement cycle across the country with all stakeholders (program, finance, coordination, suppliers, etc.) from the planning stage, to contract signature until delivery completion; the Senior CLM is in particular arranging Procurement Committee sessions.
- Ensure constant availability of running supplies/services/works such as fuel, stationery, transportation means, etc. through framework contracts in particular.
- Manage traceability & reconciliation between orders, contracts & deliveries, and liaise with finance for problem solving.
- Stocks & deliveries: Ensure appropriate storage network & stock management standards across the country
- Identify & settle warehouses/storage space based on needs.
- Ensure goods transportation means are secured as per needs.
- Coordinate & follow-up deliveries & liaise efficiently with suppliers for problem solving.
- Maintain a regular information across teams about stock levels & expected lead-times.
- Manage periodic inventories, stock clearance and investigations over discrepancies.
2.Transversal logistical management
- Fleet & transportation: Deploy efficient transportation means across the country
- Anticipate vehicles needs and liaise with (Deputy) Country Director & Country Finance Manager to anticipate budgets accordingly.
- Maintain efficient monthly, weekly & daily planning & movements follow-up tools.
- Identify reliable external transportation companies.
- Control & optimize fleet costs.
- Coordinate an efficient maintenance framework across the country (in terms of operations as well as in terms of costs).
- Ensure administrative requirements are met toward customs and any other local authority when transporting goods/staff.
- Organize regular drivers training and refreshers.
- Fuel: Manage fuel supply across the country; anticipate & mitigate fuel supply risks, including quality requirements.
- Asset: Deploy an efficient asset allocation & maintenance plan across the country
- Anticipate needs for assets and liaise with (Deputy) Country Director & Country Finance Manager to anticipate budgets accordingly;
- Maintain an up-to-date asset inventory, including proper asset labelling; investigate and document any loss or damage.
- Manage random asset inventories to check the monthly asset follow-up reliability, and take the needed corrective actions.
- Manage asset maintenance plans, control & optimize related costs.
- Organize regular staff trainings and refreshers (right use of computers & radios, installation & use of generators, etc);
- Manage assets donations, obsolescence & replacements over the time in compliance with internal & external regulations.
- Premises: Ensure proper working & living conditions for all staff in each premise, at all times, by maintaining an efficient general services approach
- Identify & settle premises (offices, guesthouses & warehouses) based on geographical, operational, security, and financial criteria, in close liaison with Country Director and Country Finance Manager.
- Coordinate monthly inventories of other goods.
- Ensure that security & safety guidelines are applied in premises
- *Communications & IT management:** Deploy an efficient IT plan across the country based on ACTED global standards.
- Anticipate communication & IT needs and liaise with (Deputy) Country Director & Country Finance Manager to anticipate budgets accordingly.
- Control & optimize communication & IT costs.
- Ensure administrative requirements are met toward local authorities for communication means in use.
- Ensure monthly data back-up (server, computers local data, emails, etc.).
- Guarantee that IT security standards are applied, and lead crisis management in country in close liaison with HQ if required.
- Organize IT staff regular training & refreshers.
3.Compliance & transparency
- Ensure ACTED logistics manual is applied across the country and donors’ specific requirements for logistics & procurement are met.
- Enforce a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and ensure adherence to ACTED Code of Conduct and Anti-Fraud policy.
- Coordinate logistics TITANIC reporting on a monthly basis, and ensure checking the reliability & relevance of data reported.
- Organize a 6-month planning for field visits with clear ToRs, including ad hoc checks and written report following each visit.
- Organize regular logistics staff training & refreshers internally about ACTED procedures, lessons learnt, FAQ, etc. across workshops or field visits.
- Capitalize on lessons learnt through memos, training module, etc. for continuous improvements of logistics compliance in country.
- Follow-up & update internal & external audit report for logistics.
- Ensure a timely and accurate logistics document flow in liaison with other FLAT departments.
- Update the organigram of the logistics department according to the mission development;
- Plan & conduct logistics staff recruitments & appraisals; train & build capacities of logistics staff in country; identify staff with potential, and contribute to internal mobility strategy;
- Always actively promote strong & structured articulations with all teams for all logistics operations (program & finance in particular).
- Manage Implementing Partners relationship on logistics aspects such as procurement, stock & asset management, logistics reporting. In particular, ensure the timely & exhaustive review of IPs logistics documentation.
- Represent ACTED with relevant logistics and communication networks, actively building relevant relationships (logistics cluster, etc.)
- Actively participate in country level coordination meetings by reporting on progress, and risks.
- Contribute to donor proposals, budgets and reports.
- Contribute to Emergency Response planning and Contingency Planning efforts for logistics and procurement needs and execution.
Experience / Training
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in insecure environments
- Extensive experience in logistics and/or security management and procedures;
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
How to apply
Please send your application including cover letter and CV to email@example.com under Ref: CLM/SSUD