Country Funding Coordinator
Oxfam GB is an international non-governmental organisation with a mission of working with others to alleviate poverty, suffering and distress. Oxfam GB has been working in South Sudan since 1983. Our Programmatic Strategy concentrates on Saving lives, Resilient Livelihoods, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance and Active Citizenship through a full spectrum platform that includes humanitarian response, recovery and resilience, long term development and policy and advocacy. Oxfam currently operates via eleven area offices in ten states (Upper Nile, Unity, Jonglei, Lakes, Eastern Equatoria, Central Equatoria, Western Equatoria and Western Bahr-el Ghazal.
Position: Country Funding Coordinator
Grade & Level: C Zone 1 Global
Contract Type: Fixed Term (1 Year with possibility of extension)
Number of posts: 1
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Development of Funding Strategy to support development, influencing and humanitarian programming
· In consultation with the Country Director and Country Management Team design, update and manage the implementation of the Country Funding Strategy.
· Ensure that the systems, processes and ways of working to support the delivery of the Country Funding Strategy are defined, staff are aware of these and that their provisions are implemented.
· Ensure links and facilitate joint work with Oxfam at regional level (HECA Funding Unit) and the wider global Oxfam Confederation.
Support the country programme team in the development of quality project proposals and concept notes
· Evaluate suitability and eligibility of calls for proposals and potential funding opportunities and lead bid/no bid decision-making process with the country team.
· Oversee thorough development and review of donor financial and narrative reports, ensuring consistency, accuracy, clarity and timely submission in compliance with Oxfam policies and procedures as well as donor contractual requirements, and work with Programmes and Finance staff to continuously improve the quality of donor reports.
· Liaise with Oxfam affiliates and donors to support proposal development and submission processes.
· Facilitate access to specialist support from within and external to the Oxfam Confederation when needed to support quality proposal development.
· Quality assure all concept notes and proposals, ensuring that they are of sufficient quality to meet minimum requirements for submission.
· Manage internal Oxfam authorisation and sign off processes.**
Leading the relationship with donors and exploration of new ones
· Represent Oxfam in external engagements with donors.
· Develop and maintain sustainable, quality and consistent relationships with key and potential donors.
· Responsible for new business development including exploring possible partnerships with philanthropists, trusts and foundations, institutional income streams and innovative funding models with non-traditional donors, such as the private sector.
· Provide ongoing research, strategic donor intelligence gathering, and trends analysis and generate information to enable appropriate and strategic engagement with global, regional and country level donors.
· Prepare and share with the Country Director and the Deputy Country Director Programmes regular updates on top-line income status of the country in terms of (a) secure income for current year, (b) secure income for future years, and (c) opportunities in the pipeline (which covers likely and possible funds).
Partner capacity building on donor requirements
· Ensure that Oxfam partners have sufficient capacity to contribute towards the development of high quality proposals and programme designs.
· Facilitate processes to ensure that all partners are aware of their commitments and contribution towards the delivery of successful proposals, reports and adherence to donor requirements.
People development and management
· Manage and support the Funding team to deliver on the Funding Strategy and donor engagement plan, providing leadership, technical support and guidance and ensuring that management of the team is in line with Oxfam’s HR policies and procedures.
· Ensure that Funding team members have access to staff development opportunities; identify and address capacity gaps and provide ongoing line management and learning and development support to members of the team.
· With support from the Human Resources team, manage the lifecycle of individuals within the Funding team from pre-recruitment to exit, including performance management processes, people development and issues such as disciplinary matters that may arise.
As a member of the Senior Management Team
· Attend SMT meetings and other country programme planning meetings as relevant.
· Participate in decision making processes and problem solving related to the ongoing management and future direction of the country programme.**
· Represent and champion the Funding department and its priorities and challenges; share regular updates with the SMT on relevant fundraising efforts, grant management issues and risks, donor engagement and compliance and business development initiatives.**
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
· Relevant qualification from a recognised University/college and/or relevant work experience to include budgeting, donor engagement and grant cycle management, preferably in an international NGO – some of which should be supervisory/managerial experience
· Management experience in securing and managing funds from institutional donors, such as ECHO, EU, DFID, OFDA, GFFO and UN agencies
· Excellent planning and budgeting skills, and a sound understanding of the Grant Management Cycle in emergencies and/or development environments
· Highly developed interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills and excellent written and verbal English
· Excellent IT skills, especially spread sheets (MS Excel), word processing (MS Word), online grant management systems and email packages
· Proven analytical skills and the ability to think strategically in relation to fundraising and donor engagement
· Flexible with the ability to adjust to constantly changing priorities and context, while maintaining focus on delivering results
· Knowledge of donor portfolio in South Sudan
· Experience with Gender programming
· Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
· Experience working in a hardship location
NB: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.
How to apply
Deadline for submission of applications is 01 October 2020.Interested Applicants should send soft copies of their CVs and Cover letters to Hrsouthsudan@oxfam.org.uk.
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of screening checks.