NCA is seeking a Country Director who will be responsible for NCA’s operations in South Sudan, with operational areas in Juba and former states of Eastern Equatoria, Warrap and Jonglei. We currently have 35 staff at country office in Juba and 40 field staff in field offices in Torit/Koajok and Alek. The role is a hands-on position and your success will be determined by the level of direct engagement with staff, donors, partners and program development. ‘
As Country Director, you will seek to be influential with our partners, as well as government, and the Norwegian embassy in order to develop, improve, implement and manage the current and future program structure within the current climate. You thrive in evolving and challenging environments, have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, and have excellent skills in retaining and developing relationships. NCA’s main programmes in South Sudan include Peace Building, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Reproductive Health and Gender Based Violence and Humanitarian Assistance.
The position is based in Juba, which is a non- family duty station. NCA will provide you with a housing allowance as well as comprehensive insurance for you. This is a two-year contract with a start date July, 2021.
- Provide strategic leadership to NCA’s Country Programme in South Sudan and work to further develop the Programme in line with NCA’s priorities and strategies.
- Responsible for the operational management of NCA’s office in South Sudan, which includes overseeing the finance, human resource and administration function.
- Responsible for representing NCA and proactively building and strengthening NCA’s working relationships in South Sudan with faith based partners, embassies, donors, partners, government authorities and other stakeholders.
- Engage and network with donors in order to achieve NCA’s funding priorities and strategies.
- Responsible for ensuring proper safety and duty of care management across NCA’s operations in South Sudan.
- Develop and support NCA’s collaboration with partner organizations in South Sudan.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership experience in the context of development aid and humanitarian assistance in a high-risk environment.
- Solid experience in managing and working with financial management, administration, and HR.
- Strong experience in project management, preferably from NCA or a similar organization.
- Demonstrated ability to network and manage donor and embassy relations, formally and informally.
- Contextual knowledge of Sudan and the region is an advantage.
- Relevant higher university degree
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional networking skills and experience in maintaining donor and key stakeholder relationships in a cross-cultural and complex work environment; religious and culturally sensitive.
- Ability to inspire and build capacities among staff and partners
- Culturally sensitive and diplomatic with excellent communication and decision-making skills
- Must be able to handle stress and a high workload under challenging work conditions.
- Experience of work with faith based, ecumenical network and partnerships.
- Loyal to Norwegian Church Aid’s Christian values and accept the Code of Conduct
- Important and exciting tasks within a humanitarian response
- Important role in a very visible organization, internationally
- Good insurance and pension benefits
NCA emphasises diversity, and we therefore encourage all qualified persons to apply for a job with us, regardless of gender, age, disability or cultural background.
In accordance with core humanitarian principles, NCA implements a range of safeguards to prevent or reduce the possibility of humanitarian aid falling into the wrong hands. This includes those individuals and groups who are subject to sanctions by the United Nations Security Council. As part of this process, NCA will screen the details of the successful candidates for this post against the sanctions lists maintained by the UN and by some of NCAs governmental donors.
How to apply
NCA uses an electronic gateway for all recruitment where you can register and submit your CV, write an application / cover letter and attach relevant certificates. Only applicants using this electronic gateway will be considered for the position.
To apply, click the following link; https://kirkensnodhjelp.recman.no/job.php?job_id=181399
You can change the language in the top right corner and to apply you click apply job over the advert. Fill out all the fields and be aware that one field is mandatory, this is “candidate attributes”, once this is filled out you will be able to apply.