Country Coordinator (m/f/d)
South Sudan jobs southsudanjobs.com
Malteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health & Nutrition; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) and Resilience.
To support our country office in Juba, South Sudan, Malteser International is looking for an experienced Country Coordinator (m/f/d).
As Country Coordinator (m/f/d), you will represent Malteser International in South Sudan and provide overall leadership, strategic direction and operational management in line with Malteser International’s policies, procedures and guidelines. You will work closely together with the Country Management Team ensuring the smooth implementation and development of programs and projects according to set targets and identified needs. In South Sudan, the Malteser International sector portfolio comprises WASH, food & nutrition security and health.
- Oversee program operations and internal/external reporting, ensuring compliance with Malteser regulations/procedures and donor regulations
- Overall responsible for budget control and donor grant management
- Responsible for program development, incl. assessments/fact finding missions, proposal preparation and extension of donor and activity portfolio
- Monitor and evaluate program activities and results, performance, progress and effectiveness
- Contribute to the development of Malteser International´s strategy in South Sudan and in Africa
- Management and supervision of international (7) and national staff (55) with technical and managerial support to all team members in fulfilment of their duties according to project objectives
- Ensure implementation of security guidelines, monitor the overall security situation and adapt program implementation accordingly
- Active networking and representation of Malteser International in South Sudan vis-à-vis national and international institutions, organizations and donors
- Graduate or post graduate degree with relevant practical experiences in humanitarian and development assistance
- Minimum 7 years overseas experience in a senior management position in humanitarian assistance and development programs, with a special emphasis on crisis contexts
- Strong international project management skills and experience, including project cycle management, humanitarian standards, logical framework, monitoring, proposal, feedback mechanism and report writing
- A sound understanding and experience in budget and finance management, as well as in administration and logistics procedures
- Proven experience in managing multiple international grants and knowledge of administrative standards and requirements of donors (ECHO, BMZ, AA, UN, etc.)
- Prior experience in managing WASH, Food & Nutrition Security and/or health programs; including knowledge of community-based approaches
- Prior work experience on the African continent; South Sudan would be an asset
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills, German would be an asset
- Excellent and proven interpersonal and leadership skills (e.g. communication, leadership, cultural) including the ability to effectively motivate a team and to diplomatically manage the relationship with local partners, different authorities and donors
- Strong networking and fundraising capacities
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to humanitarian principles
- Ability to multitask and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines
- Ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments
- Prepared to work and live with limited resources and under difficult circumstances; Physical and mental strength
- Starting date: September 1st, 2020
- Duty station: Juba, South Sudan, with frequent travels to the program locations and other areas of South Sudan
- Duration of contract: 24 months (extendable)
- Please note that this is an unaccompanied position
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package, accommodation in team house/apartment, 31 days leave entitlement, R&R, one flight home/year
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at https://bit.ly/31lOYL3.
Please submit your application (CV, meaningful letter of motivation and references) until August 24th, 2020.
**Malteser International is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all people, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, age, gender, disability, confession, or origin. Qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.