Coordination Unit Manager
DanChurchAid (DCA) is looking for an experienced Coordination Unit Manager. The position, based in Juba, South Sudan offers a 12-month contract, with the possibility of extension based on performance and donor funding. Field visits and experience in remote and stakeholder management will also be required.
- Coordination of local humanitarian actors and stakeholders
- Programme and Project Development
- Advocacy and Fundraising
- Donor relations
- Personnel Management
- Financial Management
- Enable holistic, locally-led responses to complex crisis, considering access constraints and high levels of insecurity Compliance to HR procedures meeting DCA requirements (policies, guidelines and formats inclusive of risk management, accountability, complaint and feedback mechanisms, CHS and PSEA).
- Facilitate operational coordination in the field between national in international, NGOs partners and stakeholders and provide direct operational logistical support to contribute to timely and effective implementation; experience in clusters systems or with an NGO Forum would be an added advantage
- Coordinate monitoring and evaluation services to help all agencies learn from the wider range of on-going activities and projects with a team of over 40 staff;
- Quality assure projects and programmes in accordance with DCA strategies, policies and guidelines and in line with donor requirements.
- Facilitate strategic planning, coordination and networking between all stakeholders to facilitate the communication, joint planning and collaboration for humanitarian operations
- With input from Head of Finance and relevant Finance Officers, ensure program/project budget consumption is on track, carry out spot checks on accountability, regularly updated and reflect strategic program decisions.
- Monitoring and championing civil society space and good governance in target areas
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or Social Protection required. Additional fields of study relevant to the role may be considered. Employment experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience coordinating or managing complex inter-agency projects required.
- Experience working with donors ACT Alliance, EU, ECHO, FCDO, SDC, SIDA, UN, USAID is an advantage.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a multi-cultural environment.
- Outgoing, results-oriented and proactive.
- A candidate ready to embrace the DCA values of compassionate, proactive, responsible and respectful at all times.
- Knowledge of Sudan and South Sudan is also an added advantage.
A one-year contract with the possibility of extension pending donor funding. Competitive salary and benefits. Comprehensive insurance, 6 weeks annual leave, regular R&R and paid home leave roundtrips. Accommodation in Juba will be provided.
DCA South Sudan has an annual turnover of app. 15 Mill USD, incl. DCA has a large and multi-disciplinary team based in South Sudan implementing through a NEXUS approach of Humanitarian, Development and Peace programming. DCA was established in 1922 and is today one of the larger Danish humanitarian nongovernmental organizations working to assist the poorest of the poor. DCA has been operational in South Sudan for 10 years. DCA is member of the ACT Alliance. For more on DCA, please be referred to www.danchurchaid.org
How to apply
Submit your application
Via our e-recruiting system no later than 16 October, 2020 via this link: https://www.danchurchaid.org/join-us/jobs/international-vacancies/coordination-unit-manager-dca-sout…
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. The interviews with the shortlisted candidates are scheduled from 26 October 2020. Shortlisted candidates may be required to complete a written test prior to the interview. Initial interviews may take place by Skype/Whatsapp or Teams.
For further information please contact Alexandra Blaise Balmer, Country Director, South Sudan, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DCA promotes equal opportunity in terms of gender, race/ethnicity and creed and encourages all qualified and interested candidates to apply. Your application must consist of a motivational letter and a CV.
DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us.
Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding policy.