Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- Required to transport cargo in the form of both food & NFI in accordance to the procedures & normative guidelines, as establish by our client.
Under the direct supervision of the Traffic Officer the incumbent shall perform the following duties:-
- Perform identical duties as driver.
- Carry responsibility for convoy & drivers & provide leadership & guidance to those vehicles under the convoy.
- Responsible for telecommunications & usage of HF & VHF radio & Thuraya communications to inform Traffic Officer of progress & position on an hourly basis.
- Ensure that all drivers carry out their tasks & responsibilities in accordance to their job descriptions.
- Responsible for all security issues that may arise & always decide safest option for convoy & use careful judgement to ensure safe passage.
- In the event of breakdown or recovery, decide upon best course of action to recover vehicle in the safest & quickest manner without potential damage being caused by in this exercise.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available for off loading cargo where applicable.
- Perform a daily inspection of the vehicle & ensure that it is mechanically sound & to report any problems or defects to immediate supervisor.
- Ensure that the vehicle under direct responsibility is thoroughly cleaned & maintained in a good mechanical condition.
- Ensure that the vehicle logbook is duly completed on a daily & timely basis free from errors to maintain good records.
- Ensure that the vehicle is always fuelled on time & make sure that the fuel consumption figures are maintained within the established parameters as set by our client.
- Responsible to ensure that the cargo loaded at origin is safely transported to the destination free from contamination, losses or damage & held accountable for the same, will witness loading together with the Tally Clerk & ensure signing & endorsing of waybill at destination.
- Held responsible & accountable for vehicle & any tools or equipment given to the driver (& signed for) & ensure that it remains in good condition.
- Ensure that the vehicle is loaded (metric tonnes) in accordance to the established payload of the vehicle & under no circumstances to exceed this limit.
- Cargo must be loaded uniformly & equally distributed for safety reasons.
- Drive always in a safe & responsible manner with due respect & attention for other vehicles, property.
- Whilst the vehicle is in the workshop the driver shall assist in repairs & maintenance activities as required.
- Any accident that may occur must be immediately reported to supervisor & or other parties concerned.
- Driver will only travel to authorised destination & only load authorised cargo, under no circumstance shall deviate from this unless authorised by immediate supervisor.
- Will perform any other duties as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Ensure that established route turn around times (expressed in days / hours) & distances (expressed in kilometres) are within parameters set as well as respecting the established standard night out allowances, notwithstanding abnormal circumstances, such as security.
- Fuel consumption figures maintained within parameters set.
- Vehicle maintained in good mechanical condition, limited tyre wear free from any breakages in accordance to standards set by the organisation.
- Cargo loaded, securely & safely, transported from origin to destination in a secure dry environment & duly received in a good sound condition at the receiving location.
- Complete all vehicle administrative documents (vehicle log books, way bills) accurately, correctly & in turn, hand them over to Traffic Officer on a timely basis.
- Required to report on time for duty as per establish established working hours & sign the time sheet prepared for this purpose.
- Ensure that both loading / unloading times are kept to a minimum acceptable level & to report any abnormal waiting times.
- Loss or damage of cargo, spares, tools or equipment as well as loss of fuel in the care of the employee shall be deducted from the salary based on CIF value or local market rate, whichever is prevailing.
- Based on a quarterly performance evaluation, the salary payment grade shall be adjusted accordingly for the new quarter.
- This role will work under the direct supervision of the Traffic Officer & will liaise & cooperate with all other client employees & cooperating partners.
- This role will be responsible for handling other drivers.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (desirable).
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Holder of a valid, clean driving licence in accordance to the vehicle category assigned to drive in accordance to national regulations.
- Must have had at least 2 years minimum experience preferably 5 years gained in the relevant driver licence category.
Other relevant information:
- Candidates with experience in South Sudan will be given 1st preference.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website & apply for this role using the below link: