The Controller improves and upholds the quality of financial and administrative management including finance compliance within ZOA South Sudan. Tasks are concentrated on ongoing country budget planning (including project budgeting), proper costs allocation, timely financial reporting, compliance, quarterly closing and reporting.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- in the development of and support the strategic plans in ZOA South Sudan
- Monitor the financial performance of ZOA SSD, including finance compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations
- Accountable for a timely monthly, quarterly & annual closure
- Prepare the Country Annual Plan (CAP) budget and the corresponding financial sections
- Accountable for the allocation of indirect costs to project budgets using a consistent cost allocation method
- Keep the overview of budget availability for personnel and indirect costs
- Accountable for regular provision of project budget versus actuals overviews
- Responsible for the development of budgets of donor proposals in close cooperation with colleagues
- Contribute to financial audits and responds to potential findings in audit reports
- Maintaining country administrative manual (finance, HR, procurement)
- Assist ZOA’s Finance department with partner management
- Ensure and supervise an ongoing, accurate digital data filing (archive) system for all payment vouchers and supporting documents as well as for other relevant documentation in the program finance office
- Ensure an up-to-date record of Program Assets and Inventory and Vehicle documents
- Supervises the Head of Finance
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision, mission and Christian values of ZOA
Knowledge & Skills
- Preferably a Master in Business Economics or Accounting (Bachelor acceptable)
- 5 years working experience in a similar position with an INGO or a non-profit institution
- Knowledge of rules & regulations of institutional donors like EU, UN donors & Dutch MFA
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft and ERP (preferable Unit4)
- Full proficiency in English
- Supervisory, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Result-oriented approach and knows how to prioritize
- Analytical, accuracy and flexible conduct
- Customer-friendly attitude
- The Controller is member of the Management Team in South Sudan
- South Sudan is a non-family duty station
- R&R regulations apply
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Charity van Bemmel email email@example.com
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
CVs of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Closing Date: January 31, 2021