Consultant, FP Costed Implementation Plan
South Sudan Jobs southsudanJobs.com
Consultant, Costed Implementation Plan for Family Planning
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium is seeking a country-based Consultant to support the development of a National Coste d Implementation Plan for Family Planning in the Republic of South Sudan.
The country gained independence in 2011, and is currently in a phase of transition, as the government moves its core focus from of tackling a humanitarian and emergency situation towards reorienting the state’s priorities to long-term development of the health sector. Reducing the persistently high maternal mortality ratio (2,054 maternal deaths per 100 000 live births in 2010) ranks at the top of the list of South Sudan’s health priorities.
South Sudan became a FP2020 commitment-maker in 2017, and made the following three high-level commitments:
(1) to improve availability and access to family planning information and services through provision of rights-based integrated sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services;
(2) to reduce maternal mortality by 10% by 2020; and
(3) to increase modern contraceptive prevalence rate (mCPR) among married women to 10% by 2020. As of 2 019, Track 20 projected that at least 4.3% and 2.9% of married women and all women in South Sudan, respectively, use modern contraceptives. As part of the FP2020 commitments, the government of South Sudan also committed to develop a National Costed Implementation Plan (CIP) for Family Planning by 2019.
The consultant will join the Palladium CIP global technical team, and work closely with the Ministry of Health of South Sudan, UNFPA and other stakeholders, to provide technical support for the development the CIP in S. Sudan. The consultant will be engaged from about August 2020 to March 2021 for at least 50% of their time.
Primary Location: Juba, S. Sudan
Period of Performance: August 2020 – March 2021
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
In accordance with guidance from Palladium CIP technical lead and the CIP resource kit, the consultant will provide technical assist ance to develop the CIP, and perform the following activities:
* Conduct stakeholder mapping and plan for early and meaningful stakeholder engagement
* Monitor implementation of country-based activities, by a variety of stakeholders, according to the main roadmap for the activity.
* Organize CIP kick-off meeting in collaboration with MOH
* Contribute to the desk review and data gathering for a situational analysis of S. Sudan’s country/program context
* Organize and co-facilitate stakeholder consultations for situational analysis of S. Sudan’s country /program context
* Document and synthesize meeting outcomes using tools to be provided by Palladium
* Contribute to development of Results Framework, CIP Map, activity matrices
* Coordinate stakeholder review and feedback of all CIP documents
* Collect and deliver unit cost data for costing
* Collect data for ImpactNow application to assess impact of achieving FP goal to maternal and child health indicators.
* Coordinate and manage feedback from key stakeholders on full draft of CIP (80+ pages per structure agreed on with Palladium and MOH)
* Provide technical contributions to final draft of CIP
* In collaboration with Palladium, incorporate feedback from MOH and other stakeholders into the CIP document
* Work with MOH to receive final approval of CIP document
* Provide logistical and administrative support in planning for meetings, events, and travel.
* Provide regular information on security updates, as needed.
* Other related technical and administrative tasks as required
* Master’s Degree or higher in public health, or a related advanced degree with coursework in Family Planning/ Reproductive Health/ Population Studies
* Based in S. Sudan and significant working experience in FP/RH
* Strong skills in MS Word, and complex MS Excel documents
* Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English
* Based in Juba, S. Sudan
* Strong background in family planning and knowledge of health structure and system in S. Sudan
* Ability to work independently and solve day-to-day problems, but possess good judgment for escalating issues/problems Good interpersonal, diplomatic skills and experience interacting with host country government agencies including local governments, development partners, and civil society organizations
* Strong facilitation, problem solving, analytic, and evaluative skills
* Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
How to apply
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.