Consortium Finance and Grants Manager
South Sudan Jobs southsudanJobs.com
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with its headquarters in Oslo, Norway and operates in more than 37 Countries. NRC started working in South Sudan before the country’s independence in 2011 and operates in Central Equatoria, Western Bahr el Ghazal, Northern Bahr el Ghazal, Warrap, Jonglei, and Unity states while it responds to other locations through the mobile Rapid Response Mechanism.
The Complementary Action for Resilience Building (CARB) consortium in South Sudan, led by NRC and involving ACTED and its affiliate REACH, Danish Refugee Council (DRC) and International Rescue Committee (IRC) are in process of submitting a full technical proposal for a Multi-Year Emergency Food Assistance USAID funding under the Multi-Year Emergency APS to address emergency and food security needs through Food for Peace Program in Western Bahr el Ghazal and Unity States.
The purpose of a Consortium Finance and Grants Manager is to closely support the financial and grant management of the CARB consortium to ensure and meaningfully support implementation of sound financial systems and practices to ensure compliance with NRC and donor requirements.
- Support implementation of NRC’s systems and procedures, including NRC Consortium Guide, donor and South Sudan requirements across the implementing agencies
- Ensure an effective periodical review of records of implementing agencies for adherence to grant terms and conditions
- Consolidate financial reports, fund requests and budget of member agencies in a timely and up to a high standard as the grant calendar dictates.
- Ensure the maintenance of high standard filing of Consortium records for all contractual, financial and accounting nature to ensure ease of access during internal/external audit
- Play active role in organizing consortium staff coordination meetings and training
- Support NRC and Consortium staff in financial compliance matters
- Monitor budget utilization of the consortium members pertaining to the relevant grant and take appropriate action on any significant variances.
Please click on the job description link below for explanations on the below specific responsibilities before you apply
- Manage Consortium Compliance System
- Financial Control/Risk Management
- Financial Reporting
- Support the lead agency’s finance team in month end closure routines in close coordination with NRC’s finance manager
- Assist the lead agency in the coordination and management of internal and external audit procedures
- Undertake verification of budget and disbursement requests for the NRC component of the grant as may be agreed with the NRC Finance Manager
- Other duties as may be assigned by the line manager
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting/Business or Finance. Professional accounting qualifications. E.g. ACCA, CIMA, CPA or CA would be an asset
- Experience of working on projects funded by major international donors such as USAID, EU, and DFID
- At least 2 years of post-qualification experience in a finance and/or grant management role, in International NGO sector. Experience in managing USG grant or CA would be an asset
- Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office programmes such as Word and Excel as well accounting packages & other database competencies
- Proven experience of conducting training for finance and non-finance managers
- Good command of English
- Previous experience of working in or managing finance in a consortium model of working for a USG funded project
- Experience in project start up and close out.
- Experience in Audit, Financial assessment and Contract Management
- Must be able to prioritize and have excellent time management, multitasking, documentation and reporting skills.
- Good problem-solving skills, diplomatic and self-directed.
- Proven communication, interpersonal, representation, negotiation and leadership skills
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Flexibility and creativity
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
We can offer
Contract Duration: 36 Months; Fixed Term Contract
Fee: From NOK 45,000. Attractive allowances apply
Travel: 15% within Juba
Duty station: Juba
How to apply
Please update your profile on this link:
Do not upload any CVs
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.