Conflict Analysis Assistant
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO representatives, is to assistant governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner to ensure zero hunger in the country. FAO provides support in three priority areas: sustainable increase in production and productivity, agriculture-based economic growth, and increased resilience of livelihoods to threats and crisis.
The current portfolio of projects in South Sudan includes activities related to agriculture (crop), livestock, Fisheries, Natural Resource management, food information systems is implemented with humanitarian, transitional and development funding. The incumbent will contribute to the country’s Programme and portfolio as foreseen in the project he/she will coordinate and be assigned.
The Conflict Analysis Assistant will work under the overall supervision of the Head of field office and technical guidance of the Programme team in Juba.
- Conduct conflict mapping by engaging communities, local government authorities, NGOs, UN and other stakeholders to identify conflicts at local level, their types and causes and mitigation activities ;
Tasks and responsibilities
- Track political, social and conflict dynamics in Jonglei including displacement patterns and emerging trends related to conflict
- Maintain strong and regular liaison with government authorities, UN, NGOs, communities and other stakeholders on ground to gather conflict related information and facilitate planned interventions
- Undertake field visits to gather up to date on site information on prevailing conflict dynamics
- Provide situational updates on conflict and activities of other partners in conflict related work
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Peace Conflict Studies, Peace Building and Conflict Resolution, Political Science, Sociology or related field.
- Three years of relevant field experience in peace building, conflict analysis activities
- A South Sudanese National.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results focus
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Experience in Humanitarian-Development and Peace Building nexus
- Experience and skills in community-based participatory approaches
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Good computer skills
- Good interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills
- Posted by: Main Office
- Company: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Pibor - South Sudan
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Program/Project Management
- Tags: No Tags
324 total views, 1 today