South Sudan Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP),
The Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) provides USAID/South Sudan with flexible, demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement. The project includes monitoring and evaluation technical support to the Mission for performance management at all levels as well as support to assessments, analytical research, and related services required for new project designs, sector strategies, and broader strategic revisions.
**Please note: Only South Sudanese citizens are eligible for this position.**
The Community Monitor (CM) will monitor and verify Food Security, Nutrition and WASH activities implemented by the USAID/South Sudan Bureau of Humanitarian Affairs (BHA) and Implementing Partners. The Community Monitor verifies whether IPs are using recommended guidelines to assess beneficiary needs, report on agreed outcomes, conduct Post Distribution Monitoring, and collect market price data. The Community Monitor collects data on both qualitative and quantitative indicators and reports to the Food Security and WASH & Nutrition Specialists. This is a Short-Term Technical Assistance (STTA) position. Possible locations for this position include Yambio, Torit, Wau, and Bor counties as well as in the “Sobat Corridor” of the Upper Nile state.
- Verify input and output for Cash Transfer, Voucher For Food and/or Voucher For Assets modalities of BHA Implementing Partners (IPs) in Health, Nutrition, and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Assess IPs’ effectiveness in reporting on results, impact of assistance, and corresponding influence on Food Security, Nutrition, and WASH
- Assess the effectiveness and appropriateness of systems for beneficiary targeting, monitoring and evaluation of program activities;
- Collect information on markets and food availability, water access and sanitation in humanitarian contexts
- Collect information on access to health services and coverage of nutrition services
- Gather perceptions from local stakeholders about the effectiveness of BHA activities
- Conduct Data Quality Assessments to verify the accuracy of data and needs assessments reported by implementing partners and other organizations
- Assess whether access to safe water is sustainable, equitable and gender appropriate in the target populations
- Qualify Implementing Partner’s performance
- Ensure social distancing and do no harm principles are always observed when collecting data
- Assess whether beneficiaries have access to sufficient quantities of safe water for drinking, cooking, personal and domestic hygiene
- Ensure that all monitoring data is collected in a timely and efficient manner
- Handle collected data according to USAID data protection principles
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Food Security and WASH & Nutrition Specialists
- Bachelor’s Degree in social science, political science, agriculture, computer science, or related field required
- Minimum of three years of work experience required
- Professional experience in a field relevant to the position and in a comparable position, preferably with an (international) NGO or international development organization
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills about raising awareness and facilitating behavioral and social change preferred
- Recent experience using technological data collection innovations such as tablets, smartphones, Fulcrum, etc.
- Familiarity with the use of tablets and mobile data collection apps
- Familiarity with the general landscape of South Sudan, including the politics, conflict, culture, language, history, and economy
- Written and oral fluency in English required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.