Civil Engineering and Building Maintenance
South Sudan Jobs southsudanJobs.com
Overview of position
Under the direct supervision of the Facilities / Project Manager & Management, The Civil Engineer and Building Maintenance will be responsible to deliver & accomplish the construction & / or rehabilitation of facilities in compliance with any of the project’s goals & objectives. S / he is in charge of the day to day management & supervision, ensuring the overall efficiency & effectiveness of processes & activities undertaken to achieve timely delivery of infrastructures. S / he is furthermore accountable for providing technical assistance to the country office team, including inputs to the development of the construction strategies as well as policies for the maintenance of the infrastructures.
The main responsibilities of the Consultant will include but not limited to the following:
· Provide overall technical assistance to COG construction / maintenance projects, from their planning to their implementation & monitoring.
· Responsible to ensure that effective implementation, monitoring & supervision tools are developed & implemented.
· Responsible to ensure effective quality control systems are in place & contractor & engineering consultancy companies work in compliance with technical specifications & quality standards.
· Monitor & evaluate performance of service providers.
· Ensure all technical inputs & cost estimates related to the construction components are accurate, timely provided & included in the project proposals & budgets.
· Support the supply section in all tender exercises for the procurement of construction & consultancy services.
· Take responsibility for overall progress & use of resources.
· Identify & manage risks & initiate corrective action where necessary, so that maximum benefit to client & stakeholders is achieved.
· Prepare interim & final project & handover reports & maintain the relevant project records.
· Assist with project budgets, cash flow & obligations to ensure that deliverables are met within specified budgets.
· Certify disbursements of funds monitor & submit financial status reports to management in compliance with the preestablished requirements.
· Ensure a sound handing over of facilities to project beneficiaries.
• University Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, Architecture or other relevant technical area.
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience at national and international levels in the relevant field of civil engineering, especially in preparation of construction technical documentation.
• Experience in working in complex & hostile environments & large infrastructure & / or civil works, particularly in the field of construction technical project documentation development as well as construction supervision.
• Knowledge of procurement, tendering & contracting processes & requirements.
• Excellent & proven experience in dealing with contractors & local partners.
• Working experience in the area of preparation, implementation & monitoring of technical / (re)construction projects, methodological & calculation skills.
• Background / familiarity with an emergency.
• Diversity & inclusion.
• Drive for result.
• Working with people.
• Leading & supervising.
• Formulating strategies & concept.
• Relating & networking.
• Deciding & initiating action.
• Following instructions & procedures.
• Planning & organizing.
• Applying technical expertise.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link:
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.