Chief of Party
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Chief of Party
Department/Location: Juba, South Sudan
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt-level position and is not eligible for overtime pay.
IBTCI is currently seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an upcoming Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) project in South Sudan, funded by USAID. This will be a full-time, key position based in Juba, South Sudan. This project will provide a range of technical assistance to USAID South Sudan’s portfolio of programs. The Chief of Party will require experience in leading an organization, in both management and technical fields, with a proven track record of programmatic accomplishment, professional achievement, management competence, and interpersonal skills.
*This position is contingent upon award*
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall strategic direction, and overall supervision and successful management of the program
- Provide overall responsibility for all data collection, monitoring and evaluation, report generation, learning and dissemination activities, and related tasks
- Develop and oversee program work plans and budgets based on expected program outputs and results using an adaptive management approach
- Serve as the main point of contact with USAID/South Sudan, implementing partners, other donors, and the Government of South Sudan
- Ensure quality control and completion of project reports, evaluations, assessments, and deliverables that meet USAID quality standards
- Ensure management of sound administrative practices with regard to recordkeeping in accordance with both donor regulations and internal policies
- Supervise, develop, and mentor local staff to build their capacity to actively contribute to the program
- May be required to be in-country to perform the essential duties of this position
- Manage all fiduciary duties in a responsible and professional manner
- Travel is essential and may include travel to fragile and conflict-affected areas
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 10 years of strong, demonstrated project management experience in developing countries is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a COP or in a senior management role such as Project Director, Regional Director, or Country Director
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and/or managing an office with a diverse staff
- Experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders, including donor/development organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, and project beneficiaries
- Experience building organizational capacity in monitoring and evaluation, dissemination and learning and/or training individuals in monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills
- Oral and written fluency in English required
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in South Sudan, or the East Africa Region.
- Experience working with USAID strongly preferred.
- Experience in conflict/post-conflict environments.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience implementing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) programs
- Excellent client responsiveness and a proven track record of successful program implementation and production of high-quality deliverables
- Familiarity with development issues and priorities specific to South Sudan
Education: Advanced degree in in international development, strategic planning, project design and implementation, monitoring and evaluation methodologies, or a related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel is essential and may include travel to fragile and conflict-affected areas.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
- Posted by: Main Office
- Company: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI)
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Juba - South Sudan
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Program/Project Management
- Tags: No Tags
- Job expires in: 1 day
74 total views, 2 today