Chief of Party – Gender Aware Sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (GASWASH)
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party (COP) position on a USAID funded project in South Sudan.
Position Description/Summary: The purpose of the South Sudan Gender Aware Sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Activity (GASWASH) is to expand gender-sensitive sustainable access to basic safe drinking water, basic sanitation coverage, and increase uptake of key hygiene behaviors to improve health and household resilience in accordance with USAID’s South Sudan strategy. The Activity is anticipated to be a five-year contract.
The COP will be responsible for providing technical leadership and overall strategic direction in the design, management, administration, implementation, and quality assurance of the project. S/he will also serve as the main point of contact with USAID and all relevant stakeholders and will oversee a team of technical experts and operations staff.
* Provide overall leadership, supervision, strategic guidance, and direction to the project’s field implementation team and addition STTA resources while being in compliance with USAID regulations and Tetra Tech’s policies and procedures;
* Coordinate the preparation of annual workplans, quarterly progress reports, and all other major project deliverables.
* Work closely with technical and administrative staff to ensure the integration of all technical areas as well as strong collaboration with donors and local counterparts;
* Communicate/work with key stakeholders at regional, national, and municipal levels;
* Meet contractual obligations, produce deliverables and targets, and achieve project results as specified by client;
* Provide quality control of products prepared by the field team and provide technical guidance to partners;
* Assume overall responsibility for the establishment and efficient operations of administrative, personnel, financial, and management systems;
* Control and authorize all in-country expenditures while contributing to budget control and financial planning;
* Prepare and approve all scopes of work and timetables for the design and implementation of program activities in conjunction with work plans and in accordance to Tetra Tech policy and contractual obligations;
* Assume responsibility for recruitment and hiring of local personnel in accordance with project and donor guidelines and policies;
* Oversee monitoring & evaluation of project performance and progress, while maintaining Tetra Tech and the client informed about the results;
* Work wit the Tetra Tech Security Manager to develop and maintain systems that promote the safety and security of all team members;
* Provide technical assistance to the project in one or more technical areas, in accordance with contract statement of work and approved work plan. Specific responsibilities may be subject to alteration as project needs are defined throughout the contract period.
* Master’s degree or higher in water supply and sanitation, water resources management, gender mainstreaming, civil engineering, international development, or another relevant field;
* At least 10 years of professional experience implementing projects in the WASH sector in at least three of the following areas: sustainable WASH services and systems, WASH construction/rehabilitation, community engagement, private sector development, gender-based violence, or other related fields.
* At least 5 years of experience managing similar international development projects with large teams, preferably as a COP, as well as engaging with government representatives and project stakeholders on a large-scale (>$20 million) for USAID-funded projects and/or similar donors;
* Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse team of experts and partners and ability to integrate content from multiple disciplines and sectors;
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
* Experience in planning and coordinating logistics for team members;
* Excellent report writing and communication skills required;
* English language fluency (oral and written) and previous experience in East and/or Sub-Saharan Africa is strongly preferred.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter/Letter of Application explaining qualifications for position;
* CV/Resume in reverse chronological format;
* Optional Reference List;
* Optional Writing Sample – must be sole authorship, maximum 10 pages.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/GASWASHCOP
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.