South Sudan Jobs southsudanJobs.com
World Vision is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy INGO dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. All employment in World Vision is conditioned upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
World Vision South Sudan is now seeking for a qualified and dynamic Individual (Man or Woman) who is willing to share in our vision and promise to Children, to join us in the position below.
Consultancy: Area Manager
Reporting to: Zonal Programme Manager
Location: Aweil East, Malualkon, South Sudan**
Duration of assignment: August to December 31, 2020
Purpose of the assignment:
The core responsibilities of this position are to take the lead in overall project management, implementation and coordination of the project. To provide administrative leadership of the NBeG . Supervise Food Assistance, FFA project (Aweil North), BRACE II,(WFP supported Cash for Food), FAO supported project as well as FSL and WASH projects at two counties. To represent at respective state level and ensure compliance to donor and internal requirements. Time frame: The consultancy service ends on December 31st 2020.
Scope of work:
Grant Management oversight
- As the Area Program Manager, provides administrative management for the implementation of all World Vision South Sudan Programs in the assigned state/counties in accordance with the overall World Vision South Sudan country policies, procedures and donor guidelines. Coordinate all operational activities for various sectors in the state as well as with other support department.
- Responsible for the administration and Finance as well as liaise with different support wings of the zonal and national offices so that smooth running of projects will be ensured. Ensuring that vehicles & equipment as well as supplies for all the projects for timely and effective program implementation.
- Support the supply-chain/ logistic officer to deliver appropriate services to the field teams for timely delivery of services to the community
- Help maintain accountability to assets and other valuable resources according to World Vision procurement and financial control standards in the area.
- Lead the CFA technical team overseeing technical meetings, visiting project sites, assisting with technical designs for selected assets, coming up with work norms as well as overseeing approval of the selected projects.
- Lead the implementations of Food For Asset project
- Plan and implement General Food Distribution as per the plan.
- Ensure submission and countersigning of commodity and cash status statement
- Provide technical and managerial support to comply with the requirements of Field Level Agreement.
- Provide technical support, direct and oversee the implementation of the FSL projects, ensuring that the projects deliverables are achieved.
- Manager/coordinator making sure that all key positions in the projects are filled and new staff members are well oriented into the organization.
- Manage grant budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donor and key management staff at World Vision.
- In conjunction with Finance Manager, ensure project compliance whereby project expenditures are reasonable, allocable, prudent, and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure compliance with external audit.
- Ensure the monthly expenditure report reviewed and feedback given to finance before the issuance of monthly financial report.
- Liaise with Zonal office, Cash and Food Assistance Program Manager and Communications department to manage public relations for WVSS within the operational area, including handling visitors and media personnel – their upkeep, lining up appointments and providing orientation to projects. **
- Monthly management of project expenditure, including monitoring of monthly Financial Reports, and overall budget management. Review on monthly expenditure to ensure accuracy and audit compliance, in collaboration with Finance Officer
- Provide variance explanations and put remedial actions if there potentially significant under/overspending. **
Monitoring, Reporting, Documentation & Knowledge Management
- Lead regular completion of ITT, DIP and additional requirements as per the M&E plan of each project
- Support preparation of ToRs for midterm and end line evaluations and other project related assessments
- Ensure documentation of lessons identified for reflection, learning and dissemination.
- Prepare and submit quality project report as per the report requirement of the project as well as build and maintain effective relationships with UN agencies especially WFP and FAO, government officials, and community and WV internal staff.
- Coordinate assessments in the State/counties that will help in project design for future funding.
- Ensure the use standard operational procedures for CFA to be used and maximize field support visit and monitoring
Donor Relations, networking and coordination:
- Develop partnership relationships with local organizations and communities to assess the effectiveness of current projects and to identify possibilities for new projects and funding in the assigned State/counties.
- With the support of Cash and Food Assistance Manager , work with the Zonal Program Manager to develop annual / quarterly / monthly operating plans and participate in the formulation of management plans
- Liaise with government and other humanitarian and UN agencies operating in the state
- Execute additional duties given by the immediate supervisors.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Strong project management background is required.
- Strong coordination skills and working with/in consortiums an added advantage.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
- Knowledge of Arabic communication skills an added advantage.
- Ability to travel in country to all states and across the border for training, assessment, regular monitoring and evaluation a must.
- A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina
- Ability to manage work life without supervision.
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- University degree or qualification in Agricultural engineering, food security, Agriculture, Agri-Business management, Agro economics, or another related field.
- 3-5 years proven experience in emergency programmes or social development with at least 2 years of that experience in and F/CFA programming a must.
- Experience in working with clusters and working groups/community of practice an added advantage.
- Prior experience working WFP and FA funded projects is required
- Strong experience in managing staff, partners and facilitating capacity building
- Formal training in food assistance modalities is preferred
- Minimum 5 years with similar experience as project manager/program manager in resilience and/or food security and livelihoods as well as , food assistance.
Field-Based (Aweil East, Malualkon).The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and stay in different location including camping if accommodations are not available. This travel will require 30% of the time.
How to apply
Interested individual consultants who meet the above criteria should submit their applications which shall include a cover letter, together with an updated CV with at least three referees with their telephone and email contacts.
Address your application to: The people and Culture Business Partner, World Vision South Sudan. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications should be submitted to this email email@example.com
Closing date for receiving applications is: August 7, 2020
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and documents once submitted will not be returned to the candidates
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.