Area Coordinator-Torit and Bentiu
South Sudan Jobs ( southsudanJobs.com )
Cordaid is a Dutch, international non-governmental organization which combines 100 years of experience and expertise in emergency aid and structural poverty eradication. Cordaid believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for a just and sustainable society where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion tear up societies, we connect people and communities. We also stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders, to make a difference where it is most needed. Together with more than 600 partner organizations in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America we structurally improve the living conditions of the poorest and most excluded populations – the bottom billion.
Cordaid has been active in South Sudan for more than 20 years, with a strong focus on civil society capacity-building. Currently it has programs in the area of Emergency Response, DRR, Health, Food Security, Security & Justice, Women Leadership and Investments.
Presently, Cordaid is expanding its program in different parts of the country. For that purpose, additional capacity is required. Therefore, Cordaid South Sudan would like to recruit for the position of Area Coordinator as detailed below.
Position: Area Coordinator
Based Locations: Bentiu and Torit
Number of positions: One per each Location
The Area Coordinator reports to the Programme Manager – Juba.
Position and responsibility
The Area Coordinator will be responsible for the overall management of the management of the organization activities in the region. She/he/she will be responsible for managing the health activities, planning, implementation, monitoring, manage all security, logistics, and procurement issues at the field level are managed plus the coordinate with the relevant stakeholders both state and non-state actors.
General objective for the position
- Administratively manage the organization portfolio in the region
- other project partners in the area which will be implemented in a consortium.
- Direct management responsibility for all activities in Unity Region and liaison with all the stakeholders at the field level
- Ensure donor compliance at every stage in the implementation of this project. This includes compliance in the areas of financial expenditures, procurements, use of equipment, co-location for the project implementers wherever possible.
- Work with the consortium members to prepare and submit quarterly reports to the Health Program Manager/Health Advisor in Juba for the project.
- Support the implementation of other Cordaid activities in the region in liaison with the technical heads at the field and Juba Level
- Manage all security, logistics, and procurement issues of the project in liaison with the Juba office.
- Organize a baseline study at the start of the project and monitor the progress of the project based on agreed activity lines.
- Plan and conduct quarterly review meetings for the project with participation of the partners and the donors as required.
- Work with key project staff at the hospital and the counties in the day to day planning and management of health activities in the counties and at the Bentiu state hospital.
- Provide Administrative support to the health team and monitor progress and performance
- Track, approve and review field purchase requests and ensure monthly financial reporting is undertaken for the project in line with available budgets and plans
- Maintain high, cordial, and professional working relationship with fellow hospital staff, state ministry of health and other actors in the state and other stakeholders and partners
- Participate in the health, nutrition, and other relevant cluster meetings for the state in conjunction with the other health partners in the area including WHO, State ministry of health and other actors in the area
- Attend relevant coordination meetings at the state and feedback to Cordaid Juba Office and the donor as may be necessary.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Medicine or any biomedical science with post graduate training and experience in project management with post graduate training in Public Health, Health Management or
- Post graduate training in management or public health management
- At least 7 Years’ experience in project management and grant management at senior level with budget management responsibilities.
- Ability to develop implementation plans for project activities.
- A good understanding and experience of working with County Health Officials, State Ministry Officials, Donors and UN agencies and the health system in South Sudan.
- Previous experience of working in South Sudan and Ability to work in areas of limited resources.
- Excellent report writing and reporting skills in English
- Ability to live and work in remote settings with minimum infrastructure
Planning and organizing
Dealing with details
How to apply
Further information and how to apply
Interested and qualifying applicants can submit their application letter including CV in English, National ID and qualification documents, both phone and email contact details of at least 4 professional references, including most recent/current employer/supervisor to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mention the vacancy reference number and position in the subject line.
e.g. CSS01/06/20 Area Coordinator-Bentiu and Torit
Deadline for submission is by the 14th July 2020
**Cordaid is an equal opportunities employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. An integrity check will be part of recruitment procedure
All applications submitted cannot be returned.
southsudanJobs.com is the place for jobseekers to find the job of their dreams and for recruiters to advertise their vacancies to find/reach the right candidates.