Forcier Consulting is a dynamic research consultancy firm operating across Africa and the Middle East since 2011. Our core services include monitoring and evaluation (M&E) research, capacity-building, training, and reporting for UN Agencies, NGOs, governments, and private sector clients operating in post-conflict contexts and challenging environments. Forcier currently has field offices in South Sudan, Mozambique, and Egypt. These offices are supported by a remote technical unit in Washington, D.C., and our headquarters in Tampa, Florida, USA.
The Analyst will report to the Senior Director for the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Unit and will be responsible for managing the production and delivery of the analytical outputs/reports for the Third Party Monitoring (TPM) done as part of the Evidence and Learning Facility for South Sudan (ELFSS) for DFID. In particular, the responsibilities of the Analyst, include:
• Responsible for conducting analysis and writing reports for DFID on the basis of TPM
• Work closely with the M&E Data Manager and Director for Data Synthesis and Analysis to improve the systems for data processing, analysis, and presentation;
• Interact with implementing partners and DFID to validate and disseminate findings;
• Work with the Research Manager to keep developing data collection systems feeding into the analysis;
• Performing periodic performance reviews and doing trainings for country research staff;
• Debrief and capture learnings from field researchers;
• Introducing innovation and best practices to enhance research programs and operational performance;
• Setting up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured;
• Performing other tasks as agreed with the Senior Director for the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Unit, and the Director for Data Synthesis and Analysis.
For this position, Forcier is looking for a dynamic worker eager to work. The successful candidate will be have excellent analysis and writing skills, the ability to work well with people, be comfortable with communicating with a variety of clients and stakeholders to better understand and communicate findings, and a dedication to improving the quality of their work and the systems around them. They will be able to work in a difficult environment and will be creative.
M.A. degree (or equivalent) in political science, international relations, international development, or a related field with 2+ years of work experience, OR B.A. degree (o equivalent) with 5+ years of work experience;
• At least 1 year of experience (professional or academic) conducting quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis, in the research, monitoring and evaluation sector;
• Experience collecting quantitative and/or qualitative data will be considered an asset;
• Excellent data analysis and writing skills required;
• Project management experience will be considered an advantage;
• Excellent working knowledge of Stata, SPSS, or R required;
• Experience collaborating with multi-cultural teams preferred;
• Willingness to train teams
• Eagerness to learn and be pushed into new areas, and ability to learn from mistakes;
• Ability to work independently in a stressful environment with minimal supervision;
• Ability to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines;
• Creativity and an ability to think outside the box to conceptualize projects and implementation strategies;
• Prior experience living and working abroad, preferably in a developing country;
• Cultural sensitivity, sense of humour and a ‘can do’ attitude;
How to apply
Visit our careers page and submit a CV and Cover Letter.