Air Operations Assistant (3)
UNV is the volunteer-sending arm of the UN System Agencies, Programmes and Funds, since 1970. Over 30,000 UNVolunteers, from different professional and specialist background, have served under the principles of the UN Chart, for peace and development in over 140 countries. The UNVs come from over 150 countries around the world to work in UN led programmes and projects supporting development needs, humanitarian assistance and electoral processes. Working in association with local and international NGOs and CBOs, the UN Volunteers support capacity building processes working at community level, with especial emphasis in volunteer-led or volunteer-supported development action. UNV is also the focal point of the UN System for the International Year of Volunteer (IYV-2001) and more recently was nominated by the UN General Assembly to lead the UNITeS (United Nations Information Technology Services), a Secretary General’s initiative for bridging the “digital divide”. UNV is headquartered in Bonn – Germany.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of OIC Air Operations, Malakal and Wau, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Pre-Planning activities within the state, which is submitted to Mission Air Operations Center(MAOC) for approval;
- Preparing Air tasking Orders(ATOs) from the daily flight schedule (DFS) and providing them to crew for execution;
- Processing Daily Flight schedule into AIMS;
- Monitoring all Flights in the states and those transisting from Juba or other Air Regions and providing timely resources to enable turn round;
- Coordinating with Local Civil Aviation Officials for smooth and efficient air operations;
- Briefing Aircrew and state aviation personnel on Notice to Airmen (NOTAMS) and other available information concerning flight operations;
- Liaising with the Field State administrator (FAO) re all aviation requirements for the state and any TOB/COB/CSB within the state;
- Securing mine and security clearance, and threat assessment reports;
- Taking charge of of all aviation property in the state including air assets and aviation equipment;
- Providing weather reports at destinations and alternate airfields;
- Reporting all changes and deviations to OIC Air Operations Malakal, MAOC duty officer and Chief Air Operations;
- Reporting and filing all observed safety hazards in the state;
- Maintaining a database of crew lists and Risk/Threat assessment forms;
- Checking Fuel status and availability both in the state and any relevant TOB/CSB;
- Preparing daily Sitreps and submit to Juba after last flght;
- Verifying the Aircraft Use Reports for state based air assets on daily basis and file information in the relevant Electronic databases in accordance with UN requirements;
- Ensure all AUR’s are forwarded to Technical Compliance Unit in Juba on time;
- Monitoring crew duty times and air assets flight hour utilization;
- Participate in capacity building to National staff members;
- Check serviceability of aviation Equipment on daily basis;
- Check Runway condition and submit HLS & Ramp hazard report to Juba before flight Operations;
- Provide apron management and bay allocation for accommodating different categories of aircraft during peak Hour;
- .Performing any other duties as assigned by the OIC Air operations, Chief Air opertaions or the Chief Aviation Officer.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Secondary education Education – Additional Comments:
Should have proven training in the Aviation Industry, Ramp Operations, Dispatch , Flight Operations.
Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
At least 3 Years of experience in the Aviation industry, (Flight Operations/Dispatch certificate, Air traffic Control certificate are desirable)
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Air transport, air traffic control and safety Area of expertise details:
Computer skills: Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.)
Driving license: Yes Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.