Air Operations Assistant (1)
UNV is the volunteer-sending arm of the UN System Agencies, Programmes and Funds, since 1970. Over 30,000 UNVolunteers, from different professional and specialist background, have served under the principles of the UN Chart, for peace and development in over 140 countries. The UNVs come from over 150 countries around the world to work in UN led programmes and projects supporting development needs, humanitarian assistance and electoral processes. Working in association with local and international NGOs and CBOs, the UN Volunteers support capacity building processes working at community level, with especial emphasis in volunteer-led or volunteer-supported development action. UNV is also the focal point of the UN System for the International Year of Volunteer (IYV-2001) and more recently was nominated by the UN General Assembly to lead the UNITeS (United Nations Information Technology Services), a Secretary General’s initiative for bridging the “digital divide”. UNV is headquartered in Bonn – Germany.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Chief Technical Compliance Unit , the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Receive and verify aircrews Licenses, currency of medical certificates, proficiencies, currencies, trainings, validations, etc. for acceptance;
- Monitor crew rotations, attendance/ hours flown, flight and duty time limitations;
- Identify any discrepancies / omissions in the crews’ paperwork and inform the Chief for immediate action;
- Saving crews paperwork in the shared drive and lotus notes Database;
- Closely monitor the in-coming crews to ensure that they are not included on UNHQ “Persona Non Grata” list;
- Assists site managers requesting visas, IDs, vehicle passes to UN compounds, with procedural explanations in relation to Aviation Section policies and procedures as required;
- Prepare Movement of Personnel (MOPs) requests of Air Carriers’ workers for endorsement;
- Receive from Air Carriers copies of hard Aircraft Use Reports (AUR’s) and ensure that documents (fuel slip, passenger and cargo manifest, Air Tasking Orders (ATO), etc. are attached as indicated on the AURs;
- Process AURs and accompanying documentation in accordance with UN requirements;
- Process monthly AirTransport Section (ATS) reports and other documents as required in a timely manner;
- Receive invoices, receipts and other documents received from Contractors and Aviation Military Unit, check that all required documents are submitted and forward to the Budget/Accounting Unit;
- Generate aircraft utilization statistics as required;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chief Technical Compliance Unit.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Secondary education Education – Additional Comments:
Should have proven training in the Aviation Industry, Ramp Operations, Dispatch , Flight Operations.
Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
At least 3 Years of experience in the Aviation industry, (Flight Operations/Dispatch certificate, Air traffic Control certificate are desirable).
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Air transport, air traffic control and safety Area of expertise details:
Computer skills: Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.)
Driving license: Yes Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.