Program Coordinator (m/f/d)
Malteser International is working in Iraq since 2014, mainly through local partner organisations. With its portfolio in Iraq, Malteser International is linking relief, rehabilitation and development and is implementing programs focussing mainly on Health, Shelter, Protection and Livelihood and economic development. Malteser International plans for further growth in the region and is extending its portfolio in terms of geographical reach and sectoral programs.
In order to ensure effective coordination of the projects and to support our partner organizations in the implementation, we are looking for a motivated Erbil based Program Coordinator (m/f/d).
As Program Coordinator (m/f/d), you will be responsible to ensure the proper implementation of several partner and/or self-implemented projects in compliance with Malteser International standards and procedures, and performs a liaison role including grant acquisition and proposal writing, project planning, implementation and monitoring & evaluation. You will work closely together with the project and administration team under the overall responsibility of the Country Coordinator.
Coordination and Planning
- Support program staff in review and ensure effectiveness of the established monitoring and reporting systems and propose adjustments/improvements as required
- Support program staff in analyse the monthly progress reports from partner organizations and identify issues that require MI intervention and action
- Make recommendations for corrective actions and program adjustments
- Establish individual performance objectives, goals and work plans with the program team, ensuring results are achieved according to schedule and performance standards
- In coordination with the local team, provide support and advice to partner organizations (NGOs) in planning, implementation, monitoring and quality assurance of the different program components
- Support MI Country Coordinator in overall planning and design of future Iraq projects
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support project staff in review and ensure effectiveness of the established monitoring and reporting systems and propose adjustments/improvements as required, in coordination with the partner organisation
- Support project staff in analyse the monthly progress reports from partner organizations and identify issues that require MI intervention and action. Make recommendations for corrective actions and program adjustments
- In coordination with project team, prepare interim and final donor reports
- Jointly with Program Administrator, monitor disbursement of funds and ensure that activities are within established project work plans and budget allotments
- Ensure that the program is actively represented in technical sectors and working groups, specifically the different UN clusters and working groups
- Ensure good communication – and where appropriate collaboration – with all relevant local actors including UN agencies, international and humanitarian organizations, civil society partners, local and regional authorities, donors etc.
- Identify training needs, and plan and supervise the provision of theoretical and on-the-job coaching to MI staff and partner organisations
- As part of the senior management team support recruitment of new staff in close alignment with the Country Coordinator
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management position in humanitarian assistance and/or development programs
- Proven experience in grant acquisition and proposal writing
- Proven experience in conflict sensitive programming and implementation
- In-depth knowledge of international standards for humanitarian / development programs
- Proven field experience and experience in working with international donors
- Strong program management skills and experience including program proposal development, logical framework, monitoring and report writing
- Proven communication and leadership skills including the ability to effectively motivate people and to diplomatically manage the relationship with local partners, authorities and donors
- Technical skills in one or more of the 4 program sectors would be an asset: health, shelter, protection and livelihood and economic development. Preferable health
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), language skills in German or Arabic would be an asset
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Duty Station: Erbil, Iraq
- Duration of contract: 1 year (extension possible, subject to donor funding approvals)
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package, accommodation in team house (if desired)
Please note that due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer this post before the closing date.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at https://bit.ly/3gdqsRK.
Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) until 6th September 2020.
Malteser International is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all people, regardless of race, colour, ethnicity, age, gender, disability, confession, or origin. Qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
D-50825 Cologne / Germany